iNSD - So bummed!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by rchansen, May 9, 2016.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I am so disappointed I wasn't able to play along with all the fun games and challenges!! I played a little Thursday night and Friday afternoon but that was it. My daughter had prom Saturday so Friday night was mani/pedi's and dinner with my mom. Saturday was prom ALL day between getting her hair done and pictures and the grand march. It was fun but exhausting!! Also - hubby fell off a roof Friday (about 12 feet) and landed on his back. He is in a lot of pain so Saturday night we just rented some movies and relaxed. Yesterday wasn't any better and I spent a lot of the day running the errands we typically run on weekends and kind of waiting on him. I hate to see him hurting so much. Hoping to play a little more today... LOVE seeing what you've all been doing in the galleries. Beautiful work!! :)

2. sucali

sucali sucali

scrapsandsass and Tree City like this.
  3. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

4. Ute_G

Ute_G Dreaming in red, gold and green

5. sucali

sucali sucali

I hope your hubby is o.k., feels better today, that doesn't sound good.

rchansen likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I haven't been participating much, either. Live just got crazy, and I tried to do Pictionary on my phone but the app hates me, apparently. Oh well.
    I hope your husband's back feels better. Just reading that he fell off a roof made me cringe. OUCH!

rchansen likes this.
  7. rchansen

Thanks!! He's feeling a little better today. We were very lucky he fell into the house, not to the ground (two story drop). He's a little shaken up over the whole ordeal (20+ years in carpentry and has never had an accident) but feeling better every day. Taking today off to just rest it one more day. Nothing is broken but he pulled/strained the big muscle in his back and it just tightens up so much he can't do anything.

scrapsandsass and Tree City like this.
  8. rchansen

9. Ute_G

Ute_G Dreaming in red, gold and green

It was funny, for me as a newbie here but I also wasn't able to play along with all the fun games and challenges.
    Hope your daughter enjoyed her prom. It's a great day for the kids.
    Wish your hubby a speedy recovery. xoxo

rchansen likes this.
  10. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I love how everything for this weekend was planned at varying times - it made it possible for me to participate. I love the chats, especially the ones in the Adobe room where I can watch Cheryl scrap. I also love slow scrap chats and was able to make several of those. It's not over! There are still activities today!

scrapsandsass likes this.
  11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

That is scary about your hubby. Glad it wasn't worse!!!

I didn't get to do as much as I wanted either this weekend. Ugh.

rchansen likes this.
  12. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

My husband fell from a ladder a couple years ago. He's been in the garage door business nearly 30 years and hadn't ever fallen. So I can identify with that shaken up feeling they get. Hope he feels better soon and so glad nothing was broken!
    Prom is an occasion all its own and I hope you enjoyed it. Only one of my boys went to prom but I made the girl's dress and was pretty involved in it all from both sides. Fun memories. iNSD just seemed to fall on a bad weekend this year but next year will hopefully be better (at least it won't be mother's day weekend)

rchansen likes this.
  13. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

kiss! :)

Ute_G likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

So sorry to hear about your husband's fall! My son fell off a ladder about 18months ago and ended up with a broken wrist, a broken ankle and worst of all a shattered elbow. The non-broken wrist and ankle were sprained so it was a long recovery and my daughter in law had to do everything for him!

Even with nothing much to do and my husband leaving for a trip yesterday, I found that just managing my shopping was about as much as I could handle other than a few chats.

rchansen likes this.
  16. rchansen

Doing my shopping right now (other than the new One Little Bird kits I picked up immediately!!)

17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I didn't do much saturday or sunday as we were out of town! I'm hoping to catch up today too! Maybe get a slow scrap or two done! ;) And of course kissing some bart! ;) Hope your hubby heals fast! :(

rchansen likes this.
  18. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

One good thing is that we can look forward to iNSD each year. This year's prom will not return next year so your spending time with your daughter and your mom was so important. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he will be feeling better soon.

rchansen likes this.
  19. ljonezy

ljonezy The thingamabob that does the job is chocolate

I hope your husband's back feels better

rchansen likes this.
  20. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Ouch! glad to hear that he is recovering! Sounds like you had a very busy weekend but the prom must have been fun. We don't have them downunder but I guess something similar would be our Formals, the girls are partnered and they both get dressed up in formal attire and the girl is 'presented' to "society". It is a fun night though and lovely to see them all dressed up to the 'nines'. Hope you have some great photos to scrap! :)