TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Feb 5, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

You do??? My son is a freshman there!! He lives in the dorms!!

jesskab likes this.
  2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Yep, I'm a senior (who feels like graduation is forever away). I am a Humanities major. I live in San Bruno & work in Redwood City. I go to school Mondays and Wednesdays.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Well, I'm taking it easy today doing whatever I like 'cuz it's my birthday. So, hanging out online, doing a little scrapping, reading, lunch out with friends, and having a Bday coffee at Starbucks.

Tomorrow my daughter & son-in-law will drive up for a family celebration along with my husband & son - eating out, going to a movie, dessert & presents.

Tree City, scrapsandsass and KarenW like this.
  4. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

My brother and SIL are dropping one of their kids off for the start of Uni and staying the night with us. Very low maintenance guests so that will be good.

Tomorrow is a big one - our youngest is turning 13. Our last teenager. Not having a party til later in the month though - wants to do paintballing which is usually not a good idea in Feb- high temps and snakes but would have been ok this year, very cool temps so far. Oh well, soon.

Oh and Happy Birthday Judy!! have a great and relaxing weekend x

bonnenuit likes this.
  5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Saturday morning I'll be running, then heading to Blythe to see my husband for the night. He's working 18 days straight...his apartment is 3 hours from home, and he's missing me. I'll drive home early Sunday morning to get my dad up and ready for church, and then there's the Super Bowl!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is our last weekend of regular season basketball. I'm guessing there will be a tournament next weekend, but it will be nice to get my Saturdays back for awhile (until baseball season starts). Other than that, I'm hoping for dinner at my fav little Italian place and a trip to Sam's Club. So much excitement :giggle

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We got snow today... school was cancelled, then soccer was cancelled. Tomorrow we have a relaxing day, then in the afternoon/evening, I get to head to a friends for a Pino's Palette - Paint and Wine Party. I'm so excited! Sunday is filled with soccer, grocery store and relaxing! Not too bad... Plus... oddly, our district is closed Monday, so I'm off work and get to stay home with the boys! Not sure what to plan yet!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Well its Saturday afternoon here and my weekend is now starting as I worked today.

On the way home I picked up DD's friend and then dropped DS off to a friends house. A nice easy fried chicken tortillas for dinner and I have just poured myself a HUGE glass of champagne. A bit of time scrapping, a movie with my man and just relaxing for the remainder of today. Sunday and Monday absolutely nothing :)

jk703 likes this.
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Mostly shopping, laundry and cleaning. No joy this weekend at my house. Try next week. We leave for Mexico.

scrapsandsass and jk703 like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Just another weekend for me....cleaning, organizing digi supplies I forgot I owned (lets say if I had them last month MOC might have been possible), an aqua zumba class and shopping with my mum tomorrow (even though we live togethershe is gone for 12 hours of the day, 5 days a week with work and depending on the shift I may be asleep when she leaves)

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Low key weekend for everyone but my daughter. Last night she went to see Hairspray with the girls from her dance company (one of the moms was in it). While she was gone, my husband, son and I watched The Martian. Glad we watched it at home because I needed to get up and pace a couple of times!

Today Clara has dance rehearsal 11-4 and then babysits from 5-10:30. Not sure what the rest of us will do.

Sunday is Youth Led Worship at church, we'll be going to two services... my son is in Senior High and they will lead the 9:30 service, my daughter is in Confirmation and they lead the 11:00 service. Later that evening, we'll settle in to watch the Super Bowl (or at least the ads!). Trying to figure out what to make for dinner... I had thought I would make chili, but my husband has requested the Ikea meatballs copycat recipe that we made Christmas Eve.

12. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Low key here too. I have a ton of homework to finish so I'll be working on that while the boys clean their rooms. I'm hoping to get some scrap time in but it looks like I'll have to stay up late if I'm going to attempt it.

13. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Happy belated b-day!!!

I'm so jealous. I've never been to Mexico. Between you and @lmccandless I'm totally having vacation envy.

Today Kennedy has his first-ever school friend birthday party he was invited to at the local bowling alley. The introvert in me is cringing at the fact that I have to go and spend two hours with people I don't know at all... like I have never even seen them. I feel completely awkward. :/

My grandma was finally cleared to drive (not that I'm excited about that since she's almost 96), so I don't have to run errands for/with her anymore, so after the b-day party, this is the first weekend in months that I don't have something to do. I almost feel like I'm forgetting something. :giggle I'm not watching the Superbowl because I can't stand Cam Newton. Since we don't have anything major scheduled, I need to tackle some of the grungier cleaning that needs to be done around the house and to put away all of the laundry that is folded and in laundry baskets all over. Ugh. I'll just be daydreaming of vacationing. :)

14. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Very low-key weekend here. No vacations in the works, either. Just laundry, house cleaning, scrapping (oops, supposed to be at Make It Snappy right now and got distracted), and Minecraft. Church if my sinuses behave tomorrow. No superbowl - I rarely watch football and if I do it is college.

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

A nice relaxing weekend here for me, the weather has become cooler all of a sudden (thank heavens because I thought I was going to melt last week!!) so I am doing some housework, meeting a friend for brunch and catching up on my scrappy duties after 6 days with out internet!! (the horror!).

Laura your DD looked adorable in the photos on FB .... just like her Mum!!

16. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

If I had replied yesterday I would have said, "nothing planned" but we got up today (after a lovely sleeping in morning) and headed to the big city (Seattle) to see some local sites my 12 year old had never been to before like the Fremont Troll and the Gum Wall. We visited Pike's Place Market and bought some yummy French desserts, had lunch at Cali Burgers and found some great consignment shops in the University District. We NEVER do this kind of stuff and my husband was really into the thrift store finds and even talked about doing it again so that is a big win. The best part is now I have a whole day of fun to scrap about.
    Tomorrow will be church and the game even though I can't decide who I'm rooting for since my Seahawks aren't playing this year.

17. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Yesterday I went to the bridal shop with a girlfriend while she tried on dresses for her wedding.... and bought one! That was fun! Then late last night I started to feel under the weather BAM cold time I guess. We were going to church this morning but decided to spend the day on the couch. Tonight we have the Super Bowl, hubby is doing homemade spicy chicken nuggets my favorite! hopefully I'll be able to taste them!

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I'd love to visit this part of the country!

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

not much really around here.....
    I haven't been very well health wise...and Sarita keeps procrastinating on cleaning which depresses me...so I have been burying my head in scrapping!!!!!
    we did make some Brazilian desert yesterday afternoon (and good thing this threads reminded me ...I[m of to eat some and be back shortly LOL)

20. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

You should! Don't let stories of the rain and gray skies scare you away. It is beautiful here.