More Silhouette? or Printing? issues.

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by DixieDoesPSP, Feb 4, 2016.

1. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Okay this was working last weekend because I made this gorgeous album and was able to figure it out after a couple days of playing with it. But, I have done the same thing this time and I am still having the problem I started with last time.
    I purchased some regularly sized card stock but my printer will not print on it. I guess it is too thick when it pulls it in it wont make the turn to get to the print head and jams every time. So I had some 11x14 poster paper here that is about the thickness of a generic card stock. My Silhouette is a 12x12 and my printer is a 12x12 printer. Awesome right? Well I get everything laid out and get the registration marks setup and everything but when I print the page out for the print and cut it cuts off the top of my registration marks. My silhouette is setup for 12x12 cutting mat and I changed the page size settings to 11x12 since it doesn't do 11x14 in the design page settings. (This worked fine last weekend) My Printer is setup to print an 11x14 specialty paper and I also tried it on 12x12 with no change just to check it out.
    [​IMG]

You see how it is cutting off both the square and the top line? I even tried printing out registration marks on a separate sheet of an 8 1/2x11 and gluing them to the page and it would not read them. I don't understand why it went from working fine and printing fine on it to me now wasting 4 11x14 sheets of card stock. I have to be missing something simple again.

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Maybe borderless printing got turned off somehow?

3. DixieDoesPSP

It does say show print border under design page settings and its checked...Should it not be?

4. DixieDoesPSP

Nope that didn't fix it. I am really getting frustrated that the tiniest thing can cause such a HUGE outcome with this. I am almost ready to send it back to them.

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

It's a printer setting, and what it looks like will depend on your printer. Mine has a Print Borderless: Yes/No thingy in the Print dialog box.

"Show print border" just shows the border on the screen. That won't affect what is printed.

6. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

In the printer dialogue box, there should be a "fit to page" or similar setting - make sure that's checked. Or else you can also adjust the margins of the registration marks and move them in a little.