Toothpaste | Pad Patter 1.27.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 27, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm come to the conclusion that I'm slightly weird in the toothpaste arena.

There are 3 of us in the house, and each of us have our own toothpaste tube. I don't know exactly how that came to be. I know the munchkin has his own because kid toothpaste is gross, and not meant for adult teeth in the beginning. But at what point my spouse and I stopped sharing? I'm not positive. It may have been my cinnamon phase. Or his baking soda included phase.

What about you? Anyone share my crazy? Or is it 1 tube per sink in your house?

Lindzee likes this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We all have our own. My husband and I stopped sharing once I started using sensitive toothpaste :-/

bestcee likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My kids share a tube and then my husband and I each use our own favorite toothpastes...so, not weird at all.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH keeps his toothbrush (and hence, his own tube of toothpaste) in our main bathroom cuz I got sick of him waking me up in the morning to brush his teeth in our master bath. Each kid has their own tube of toothpaste cuz of germs: DD had a HORRIBLE stomach bug and I didn't want her giving it to DS. We've just kept up with the "one tube per person" thing ever since. I even write their names on them with a Sharpie lol.
    DH and I sleep in separate rooms cuz he snores (and I'm an insanely light sleeper), so he gets ready in the morning in the main bath: he gets his clothes ready the night before and hangs them up in the main bath. It's wonderful for me cuz I get an extra half hour before DS wakes up demanding my attention lol.

bestcee likes this.
  5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Six people in my house. Six tubes of toothpaste. I do not lie.

Now, my gross boys/men will gladly share toothbrushes however, to the point that I actually HIDE mine to keep them from picking it up.

[​IMG]

Again, I do not lie. Sigh.

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Even at 9 years old, Clara had issues with her brother using her toothpaste (photo from 2011)...

[​IMG]

Not sure how she ended up with that many containers of toothpaste though.

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

OMG this is awesome!

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

:lmao

9. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I'm now questioning everything I know about toothpaste sharing :giggle my husband and I share and my boys share. I kinda like the idea of each of them having their own!!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We all have our own as well. DS has his Sponge Bob or Batman or whatever phase he is going through at the time toothpaste (and I agree @bestcee, it is gross!!). And I am in the cinnamon phase and DH hates it.

bestcee likes this.
  11. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

we just have a tube in each bathroom

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Bathroom #1
    I have my own... since I basically use the MBR. DH keeps his toothbrush in the boys bathroom... as I'm usually in ours in the morning. If he does come to brush his teeth in ours, he uses my toothpaste.

Bathroom #2
    DH has a tube...
    Kid #1 has his own... but will use anything, shares with DH a lot. He's not picky.
    Kid #2 is super picky. He will use only certain ones. Mint is not a favorite flavor of his... he is still young, so he's got a gross berry or something right now.

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hubby and I share ~ Crest mint ~ and Daniel has his own flavored paste for children. Olivia had her own paste when she was here.

14. loridigi

loridigi Just call me badass

My boys each have their tube of Max Fresh and Cinnamom Toothpaste. That way, we know who left the mess on the counter. lol
    For hubs and I, well we have our own also! He prefers the good ole Colgate original and I prefer Crest Whitening. Sometimes I change to the solid tablet kind or the cinnamom kind, or the extremely minty kind or even the baking soda kind!
    :circles

bestcee likes this.
  15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

DH and I share. We don't have phases. We both use Aquafresh. Or rather, I refuse to use anything but Aquafresh and DH doesn't give a rat's bum so he rolls with that. The girls do not share because they trust the tube labels more than their parents, and when it says "0-6 years" and "6+ years" that means a 5-year-old and a 7-year-old can't share GEEZ MOMMY WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING RIGHT NOW STOP THE NONSENSE.

sushimommy and bestcee like this.
  16. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Toothpaste!. I don't even use the same bathroom as my husband anymore. He uses different soap, different hair stuff, different toothpaste and tends to leave everything all over the counter. I started migrating to the main bathroom upstairs quite a few years ago when we were both trying to get in front of the mirror at the same time. Started by just leaving my makeup in the other bathroom, then moved my toothbrush and toothpaste, now we each have our own bathroom.

~Mary and bestcee like this.
  17. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

My fiance and I would probably share except that I use a prescription kind. My enamel is really bad and I was having tons of issues until I started on it, so I'm not changing any time soon. My son has his own tube that he keeps in a caddy in his bedroom and carries into the bathroom, otherwise it gets left open and all crusty and gross by my stepson. I think all 3 stepkids share, but honestly I'm not sure. They buy their own so I don't worry about it lol

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

everyone has their own. Except when someone runs out and then it's like a search each time for who took the other's toothpaste. Crazy!!

19. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

So glad to know we aren't the only home with multiple tubes of toothpaste! I use 3 different kinds - one in the morning, it's flavor is amazing and gets rid of the morning breath. I use a different one before work - for sensitive teeth and dry mouth... then a different one before bed, if I'm out of it, I'll use the same one I use in the morning. My little kids don't like mint ("too spicy") so they have the bubblegum or fruit flavored kid toothpaste. My older kids use a plain paste. My hubby doesn't have many teeth left, so he just grabs one of mine at random... this is sort of gross, he's mainly a mouthwash guy. I don't use mouthwash, even the kind for dry mouth, because I feel like they dry out my mouth.

20. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Bwahaha!!! I would lock and key mine if I ever thought someone would ever use my toothbrush. That's gross!! :lol

We all have our own toothpaste (and toothbrushes :giggle).