Making a Murderer----Anyone watched?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crystalbella77, Jan 7, 2016.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Is it a real story? From what you guys are describing it sounds similar to the Serial Podcast type "investigating/reporting"? Is it disturbing like disgusting? Not sure I want to start something that I can't handle...I am easily disturbed when it comes to murders and evil, but yet I am VERY intrigued by all things law and justice.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

It is a real true story about Steven Avery if you want to look it up before watching. I don't handle gross, or sick or anything. I would say that this has moments of graphic. They tell you what they think happened to the victims which is graphic but it is more about the evidence and the system....so it's hard for me to say clearly. :/

3. crystalbella77

Ok...I read an article about a lot of evidence left out of the show. Has anyone read similar articles and want to link them? This site didn't seem that credible.... :/

4. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

I've wanted to start this. Is Netflix the only way to get it?

5. crystalbella77

Yes it's a Netflix Original I think. :)

LoveItScrapIt and MariSt like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm almost done. I was able to watch the first 7 yesterday and I'm currently finishing #9 right now.....
    Unfortunately the injustices of the law/court/police systems is a very real thing and sadly, those that are considered "unwanted" citizens of the communities out there are the first to be victims of that injustice. How sad for those that are judged based on social status, color, religion etc.....

crystalbella77 likes this.
  7. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I finally caved. I am watching #4 right now.

LoveItScrapIt and crystalbella77 like this.
  8. crystalbella77

When you guys are done and want to talk about it let me know! I shared a bunch on my Facebook but I can move it over here!

9. LoveItScrapIt

I'm up for chatting ... finished today!!!!

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's on Netflix, not cable. :-) I know I can do captions with Netflix, I hope you can too!

From what I've read and heard, it's very similar to the Serial Podcast thing. I haven't read a lot yet, because I keep wanting to watch it. The trick is I can't watch it and try to MOC at the same time!! It requires more of my attention than shows/movies I've seen before. I'm interesting in watching it because it does sound like another case where the law enforcement side took some liberties they should not have.

11. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

This is why I haven't bothered watching it. I wish I could find the links when I need them, but I've read a couple articles about all the evidence that was left out of the documentary, and it now seems like the filmmakers had a narrative they wanted to push, and so framed the documentary to reach their own biased conclusion. I'll keep my eye out if any of the articles pop up.

12. crystalbella77

It was definitely a biased documentary. No one from the prosecution was willing to talk to the documentary crew so the only footage they have is from the public records and trial.

Curious what you guys think...do you think he's guilty or innocent? I'm out and about but I will post more thoughts I have later. After reading extra information left out I think he is fully capable of doing it and it is likely he is guilty...but I couldn't say that with 100 percent certainty and I think the tampered with evidence should make it so he has a new trial and Brendan Dasseys statements should not have been allowed to be used against him or Steven. They should have had other evidence linking him and left his coerced statements out.

LoveItScrapIt and MelanieB like this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

If you go to the website for the Appleton Post-Crescent newspaper, they are running stories about what was left out. This crime happened near here and we lived with the story every day. Please spare some time to think about what the family of Theresa Halbach has gone through.

MelanieB and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

The doc was definitely biased. But I'm also sure there was SO much to cover they couldn't fit it all in.
    With that being said, I also read some sites with the info that was left out, like Avery requesting Teresa, or her camera and phone in the burn bin too, or him supposedly abusing Brendan when he was younger.

I will say first, I'm so glad I was not on the jury, it cannot be an easy thing to basically have someone's life in your hands to determine if they are guilty or not. After reading the left out evidence from the doc, I'm leaning toward the opinion that Avery did have something to do with it and that Brendan was pulled into it.

I feel bad for any family that has lost a loved one to such horrific acts. But as a human I also feel bad for Avery and Brendan's family, it can't be easy for them either, especially to know your child/family member may have committed these acts.

15. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

No, however I seen the title of it last night, via Netflix.

16. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

After all the buzz I've been hearing on fb, scrap forums and my photography forums, I had to watch this. My DH and I just finished the 3rd episode.

17. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I have heard of it, but don't really know what it's all about. Sounds like it would probably frustrate me too much and make me question too much. I might stay away!

18. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

My daughter and I got sucked into it this weekend, we're currently about halfway through the 10 episodes. She has read a lot of the additional information on the internet, but I have not. At the halfway point, I have no idea what to think, we just keep shaking our heads.

PS. On a lighter note, musings from a scrapbooker's point of view… they sure haven't done any of the players any favors with the extreme sharpening they've used in editing, yikes!

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! I caved and just finished epidsode 5. I'm so mad that I have to go to bed now! I foresee me getting behind on my MOC pages now! I have waffled back and forth several times already. I currently feel just awful for Brendan. I don't think he even knows what is going on around him. He doesn't seem to have the capacity to even answer questions based on his own knowledge, he just says what the people in authority want to hear.

20. crystalbella77

Brendan definitely got the poorest deal here. Even after being done and having opinions on the whole things, I feel the worst for him!!