OWL - one little word

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kirstiegai, Dec 28, 2015.

1. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

I just have to say thank you @tjscraps, this is the exact word I was looking for, but could never find. There are so many days I feel like I just mindlessly go through the day, doing the routine, and look back and wonder why time has gone by so fast. I want to be an active participant in my life (as weird as that may sound). I may sign up for Ali's class now. Thank you!

MrsPeel and klee73010 like this.
  2. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

The end of 2014 was not good for me... and it spread over into most of 2015. But along with the uncomfortable things I dealt with there were a LOT of great moments. Some stuff has yet to be resolved, but I anticipate 2016 to be wonderful, albeit BUSY and a bit stressful. The word I have chosen for 2016 is breathe. Remember to breathe and return to your center, and align the thoughts -“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves” - Buddha

MrsPeel and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  3. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

so many wonderful words and reasons

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm loving all the words. I haven't settled on one yet. I thought I had, and then I read all yours! Now I'm debating on whether "Believe" is the best word for me.
    I picked Believe as in believe I can, and I will. But there's others y'all have suggested that might be a better fit for my goals this year, and where I want to be in 2017.

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Chel

Chel Active Member

I am going with "organize". I started last year but I didnt finish. I am determined to orgainze enough so that I can have a me space in this house. My drawing/doodle/coloring/cross stitch supplies are currently living on a section of the couch. And just stuff everywhere in my house - some of it is not even stuff we want. Lol!!

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  6. Happy Mama

Happy Mama Well-Known Member

This is a great idea!

bestcee likes this.
  7. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm a little late to the game, but was considering a few words. I got a sign yesterday that one of the words on my short list is *the word* for 2016... Presence. I want to be present and have a presence in 2016. I was pretty much in shut down/shut out/shut in for most of 2015. I shut down my emotions & creativity. I had shut out as many people as I could. Basically, I was shut in my house... I didn't want to go or do. (Can we say depression?) I'm going to dig myself out of it this year - pull myself up by the boot straps - put my big girl panties on and LIVE!

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Love reading you all....as it also gives me ideas and ways of focusing ... I just don't think I can do with just one word...so I may be going with more like a whole concept of "watch properly"
    I had this idea that 2015 had been a horrible year for us...
    Then I made Aaron's page (SirScrapalot's MOC 2 challenge) and I did a lit of things I should be thankful for in 2015...and I couldn't fit it all in one page!!!!
    So I think I will try to go back to concentrate on watching what is good and not giving the power to what is wrong to knock me down......

carilyne and sushimommy like this.
  9. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

I think I could use multiple words but for different areas of my life :)

10. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

because i need to say it out loud, my word is Do. :)

enjoyyourpix and lorryfach like this.
  11. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

You do "Do"!!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao I said doodoo. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

12. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I'm doing Ali's class this year for the first time. I've had words in the past - last year was release - and used them for focus and mental reminders. I'm hoping to go further this year with the class. I'm still going to repeat "release" a lot in my head because of the craziness of my life ;) but my main word is light. It has several meanings to me and can be used in lots of ways such as fill my home with light - get rid of the clutter so light shines in, eat light to feel better, see the lighter side of things, work on seeing light better in my photography, move toward light and away from dark things in life, etc. I'm drawn to light & space & sunshine and warmth so I want those aspects to radiate through my world this year.

bestcee and lvancura like this.
  13. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

That's a great one! And it doesn't have to be big things all the time. Keep track of what you overcome each day -- a small fear, or depressed thought, or fear of one of the MOC challenges! Little overcomes become big overcomes!

Cath_ likes this.
  14. carilyne

I totally get that! You described my year last year. So glad to leave it behind. You can do it.

15. carilyne

So much of this post make me happy. Two words or a phrase is good too! Whatever inspires you.

16. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

this so me, i stopped moving along with not doing

17. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

All of the words selected are touching chords with me in this new year. Everyone here is so incredible!!

Last year while not devastating by a lot of peoples' standards brought me to my knees. I was going to go with a phrase, something a friend said often (he passed away in August) but it might be considered impolite... "Suck It Up Buttercup." After a lot of serious thought... Presence, Persevere, and Passion were on my short list. Attended the memorial service for our next-door neighbor on January 2 and the minister talked about Presence... that was my sign.

18. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

So many inspirational words. Mine is POSITIVITY (although spell check says it's not actually a word):giggle Positive thinking and focusing on the positive :)

19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

My word for last year was WELLNESS. Meaning body mind and soul. It could have been determined, because I tried new treatments, worked on a better diet, etc. Whatever it took. Wellness might encompass where you're at as well Cynthia.
    This year it's CHANGE. Meaning change the rest of my life. Retire and enjoy. It's about time.