OWL - one little word

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kirstiegai, Dec 28, 2015.

1. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh I love this. If I wasn't so attached to mine I would consider this. Suck the life out of me is exactly where I've been. Thanks for sharing. and get shining -- -I'll try to remember to encourage you.

2. carilyne

I've thought of that one too in the past. There are a lot of good synonyms. Just google Rebuild Thesaurus or synonyms and you might find something that sticks out. Rejuvenate is a word that comes to mind.

3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

ooh...me likey this!! TRANSFORM. It is such a powerful word!!

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ok, I didn't read all ...but I know I cannot do with one word only...nd at the moment I am a bit in limbo with no much of an answer about health stuff...I may have some answers that may change my mind on what to focus in between tomorrow and Thursday..... I see for many of us 2015 has not been the best year.... so I will be glad to see it end.....

Natascha likes this.
  5. Natascha

Natascha Well-Known Member

Ours should be HEALTH my sweet friend!!! <3 I will keep my fingers crossed for you Cyn and please let me know if you know anything oke?!!!

MrsPeel and enjoyyourpix like this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@Lindzee my hubby also has RA he is on Enbrel shot, (after almost two years of them changing pills to try and control it). Started off once a week but he has been able to move it to one shot every three weeks. Good Luck with this in 2016!
    You know the funny thing is his mother had it. BAD. she passed away at 56 from RA and when he was first diagnosed he asked the doctor if RA is hereditary? Hard to figure out they said No but the Gene can be passed down. What? What is the difference?

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is the perfect place to CONNECT @gypsystar Tabatha! You will find everyone here is so friendly!

MrsPeel, lorryfach and gypsystar like this.
  8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

can I just sneak in here again and giggle a bit at the few times One Little Word acronym has been transposed to "owl"... like a bird? (like in the title of the thread and a few extra posts) :giggle

PS... I love everyone's words and the reasons to have them. I wish you all well in the coming year, and hoping your words truly push you to accomplish your goals!

MrsPeel, enjoyyourpix and lorryfach like this.
  9. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I was thinking I would do 'Active' again ( I did it in 2012 but it fizzled out by about March) ... and then opened this thread and there's so many great ideas!!! DO might be a good one too, I was thinking Active not just to get my body moving (because it needs it), but to be an ACTIVE participant in everything in my life - from parenting/playing with my girl, at work, around the house, even actively eating (as opposed to mindless eating). Focus might be a good one for me too, as in focus on what I'm doing, when I'm doing it, and focusing on the things that really matter. I have 2 days to decide lol

10. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I have never done the one word before and I've been scrapping for forever. I think this year is a good year to start. I love reading all the awesome words you guys have chosen! The one word that keeps popping into my head when I try to think of what my word should be is "walk". I have to walk. Not just for my weight or my health, but for my sanity. I have to get up off my butt and get dressed and get out of the house. On my walk I can take pictures, pleasantly greet people or smile, or huff and puff and get a workout. I just have to walk. I have to. I don't do it enough. I think I'm going to buy some of those large letters to spell it out for my wall and decoupage them with some of my old scrapbook papers. Yeah! I'm going to do this!

MrsPeel, Happy Mama and enjoyyourpix like this.
  11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

overcome : because this year I have a lot to overcome...
    overcome my past still haunting me, overcome my health concerns, overcome life challenges....

MrsPeel, Happy Mama, Cath_ and 2 others like this.
  12. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I really love everyone's words and thoughts and reflections behind them. very inspiring <3

MrsPeel and klee73010 like this.
  13. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

I didn't notice, must be an auto correct thing

klee73010 likes this.
  14. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

My word for 2016 is CREATE... like create relationships, myself, adventure, healthy habits, and of course be CREATive (photography, writing, scrapbooking). This is the third year I have taken Ali's class and my previous words have been content and adventure.

MrsPeel and crystalbella77 like this.
  15. carilyne

If you want to take it a step further, or need help deciding you can make a vision board of what you want your life to be like in a year.

16. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Mine is LOVED. I have been working really hard to realign my goals and get rid of a lot of things that have been overwhelming me to the point that neither I nor my family have felt very loved in the past. I will focus on paying attention to what makes each of my family members feel truly loved, and reconnect with how loved I am by God and what that should make my days look like.

MrsPeel and Happy Mama like this.
  17. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I am using the word ENOUGH this year. Like trying to get myself to think that I am enough and not have feelings of insecurity or fear. Like I have enough so I can purge the things I don't need cluttering up the house. I will say enough and not take on more than I should.... etc.

I usually fail to keep my OLW in my mind throughout the year, and I've even signed up for Ali's class several years in a row, but still don't seem to keep up. I have started pin boards for my words before. I think the one year that I kept it in focus the most was when I had DARE as my word. But I saw one thing that was interesting. Go through your calendar and put your word on the day of the month that your birthday is on. That way, each month you are reminded. I *might* be able to do that (as soon as I get a calendar :giggle). :)

18. DigitalMcScrapper

DigitalMcScrapper Member

19. MrsMessy

MrsMessy Hello, Newman ...

I love reading the words that others choose. Our reasons and stories are so inspiring :love

My word is also CONNECT. I chose this word because I have learned a lot about myself during the last few years (I am a beginning counsellor) and I want to take this year to internalize what I have learned...to make the connections. I want to be more authentic and real with myself.

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i was gonna go with change, for my agoraphobic treatement was called chaange

but overcome, mentioned above caught my attention

MrsPeel and enjoyyourpix like this.