Star Wars VII > Star Wars I-VI | Discuss!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MelanieB, Dec 17, 2015.

1. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

***NO SPOILERS*** until after the weekend & more people have had a chance to see it!

but ....

OH MY GAWD!!!

OH MY GAWD.

Everything!

Best Star Wars of the whole series.

enjoyyourpix and scrapsandsass like this.
  2. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Yes Yes Yes! I know I wont be able to see it for a week or so so no spoilers!!! Covering my eyes!!

3. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I confess I will probably not be able to see it until ohhh...February when my mom comes to visit because of a certain young little toddler who does not separate well. Sigh. Alas. #greenwithenvy

But! Ohhh I'll have to live vicariously through you all! And I am SO happy to hear that - so far - it is receiving high praise. JJ really works magic IMO, especially with reboots. :beat

enjoyyourpix and MelanieB like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

DD and I have "just" started watching them again in order so that we will be ready to go and see the latest one soon.

MelanieB likes this.
  5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We are going to see it on Sunday. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  6. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I felt like I was back in high school watching A New Hope for the first time!! I thought it was fabulous!!

7. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Loved it! Can't decide if I want to go see it again in theaters or wait for the dvd with subtitles. I can't wait for VIII!!!

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Go see it in the theatre! Seriously.

I hope this isn't considered a spoiler!
    I loved the cinematography. Where the prequels felt disjointed, this one feels like a continuation of 4-6. Like the wipes between scenes. You know, the little things. And it's beautiful. So I totally recommend seeing it at the theatre!

9. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

We saw it yesterday. If you're a fan, you must see it!

10. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

We did see it in the theater, last night. I was trying to say I can't decide if I want to go see it AGAIN in the theater. I can't talk, even when I type...

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

That is exactly what my little brother said!

enjoyyourpix, MelanieB and Lindzee like this.
  12. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We actually ended up seeing it today because who I am kidding - I can't leave for two hours during the upgrade. I LOVED IT! It had total respect for the integrity of the franchise but plenty of new awesomeness too.

13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I agree- loved it, loved the music (Gotta love John Williams!), loved the scenery, was enthralled through the whole thing. I was really hoping that the last scene would continue though!

14. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

We saw it Sunday and it was so good!!! I love all the new characters. I think they are perfect and great additions to the star wars heroes ad villains. New classics! They were funny and likable and really awesome!

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My husband said the new movie restored his faith in Star Wars. He didn't like the prequels.

16. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was amazing. I wish I had gotten to watch the original trilogy before seeing the new one, but time got away from me. That being said, it was such a pleasure to watch and it went by so fast!

17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

The designer in my sister said it was awesome and visually appealing. I get to go in the next few days

18. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm thinking IMAX right after the holidays so the crowds may be less. My sons said it was awesome though!

I didn't like the prequels either.

enjoyyourpix, bestcee and MelanieB like this.
  19. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I watched it yesterday while waiting for the upgrades to happen here. It was amazing!! Cannot wait until mofre see it so we wont be giving away spoilers and we can really discuss it. Would love to get other peoples takes on certain happenings and such. OMG

20. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

We finally saw it last night. I was totally feeling like it wasn't going to live up to the impossible hype... but it did. I was amazed. I loved the little bits of humor throughout. I also thought it was very visually appealing. It is so sobering to realize how the original cast had aged though. For some reason, you just don't really think about it until you see them there, on the huge screen, and realize how old they are. :(

We were so mad though. We'd avoided all social media over the weekend so we wouldn't see spoilers. We were literally in the lobby, waiting for the door to open to our showing, and some idiots came out and started rattling off a bunch of things that they'd just seen. Total spoilers. I could not believe it. My daughter wanted to choke them. She was laughing about the fact that it was probably a good thing that the people all dressed up in their Jedi robes hadn't heard them. They probably would have attacked. We tried to talk and ignore them, but they were so loud and obnoxious that we finally had to walk away and go to the other side of the lobby even though we'd heard too much already. Ridiculous.