TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Nov 13, 2015.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Friday!!! :yesss
    What do you have planned for the weekend?

I am taking my daughter on college visits this weekend because we are getting down to final decision time. (*cue dramatic music*) So, I will be cruising around the Midwest and trying not to cry.

2. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Aw, what a great weekend though! :heartslub AND if you get tired of the Midwest, we have a REALLY REALLY great college in Alabama, in Tuscaloosa....it is amazing. :giggle:whistle:luvya

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

it is actually a quiet weekend planned for me! yeah!
    hubby is got a small honeydo list...but all in all
    gonna be a quiet one. and I am happy about that!

4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Assuming I can make it through work today, we are headed to Walla Walla Saturday to wine taste with our neighbors who have never been there (for wine tasting, at least). So looking forward to turning them in to wine snobs like we've ended up! No plans for Sunday - probably kicking back as the weather is supposed to be wet, windy and nasty!

Enjoy your weekend Laura - this is such a bittersweet moment for you, but I know you'll enjoy it!!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Awwww, Laura! Exploring college options is scary and fun at the same time. Olivia is almost finished with her first semester of college . . . so I survived/am surviving. Take loads of photos, laugh a lot and enjoy the ride!

Our weekend is going to be quiet. Jay wants to have a garage sale, but I am having NO part of it. LOL Too much work and too many strange people for me. I plan on scrapping most of the weekend.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Happily I'm am on a scrappy retreat this weekend, so I'm hoping to get piles and piles of pages done and hopefully not eat ALL the cookies. :)

Good luck Laura! I am sure it's so bittersweet, but take lots of pictures and tips for me when I get there so I know how to survive!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oooh, I'm jealous!!!!

8. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Ooohh, garage sales are sooo entertaining! Seriously, what is funnier than a couple of people fighting over a 50 cent Tupperware container? Sold - I'm in - Tell Jay I will come help if he needs any, hahahahaha!

9. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Oooh checking out colleges sounds amazing and exciting! I would sooo go back if I could.

I'll be doing some Christmas decorations shopping and some random shopping as well with both my sisters tomorrow and then nothing at all on Sunday. I have to keep writing this weekend, I'm way behind on my NaNoWriMo project. Probably not going to finish 50k by the end of the month but I'll just have to keep going, right. Also I want to do some scrapping. All simple and cozy in my onesie at home. :)

10. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

No plans so far. Hubby asked what i want to too but I just cant figure anything out.

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We have a relatively calm weekend. The only things out of the ordinary are that my daughter and I may go to see a dance performance Saturday night and Sunday we're going to see Mamma Mia. The only downer is that my husband leave Sunday evening for his third trip to India so far this year.

College visits sounds fun! And a bit stressful. We'll be starting them soon.

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Awww... college visits. Such a rough transition. I cried like a baby when my daughter left. She lived about an hour and a half away, but it was tough. We were always like the Gilmore Girls (until Tim & I got married), so it made it difficult. I grew up with her. But now she's back... and there's Kennedy. LOL. And my husband worries that we'll never get rid of her now. :giggle

This weekend, we're doing the great purge of 2015. We rented a truck and are getting rid of a bunch of things. A lot is going to the dump, some to storage, and some will be picked up by a local charity on Wednesday, so it is all coming together nicely. If we can just get it all done, that will be the true test. LOL. We have a huge rainstorm going on, so it isn't going to be fun at all, but at least we can hopefully rest easier once we get rid of some of the clutter and mess that has been lingering around here for too long. It is hard not having a working truck.

Where do you live??? I didn't realize you were in Washington. My stepson and other grandson live in Walla Walla. :)

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Tri-Cities (Richland). So we are dangerously close to way too many wineries! We moved here about 7 years ago from Bellingham.

14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's a quiet weekend for the most part. Well, sort of.

Soccer tonight is over - we are just relaxing now. Saturday is kinda free during the day, then a birthday party for a soccer teammate (lol), and then we head to the beach to visit my parental units. It's my Dad's birthday. Then Sunday it's back to the soccer field for games. Both boys play, but one is away and another is home, so DH and I have to split up. :(

I hope to fit in some scrappy time this evening, and then on Sunday.

15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Saturday is a book fair and a 50% off goodwill day! I'll be Christmas shopping. Husband will be meeting his dad to check out a possibily-new-to-him motorcycle. Oh, and I'll be trying to scrap! :)

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Tomorrow I will have my granddaughter here all day while my son teaches a class and his wife is working. I will attempt to get housework done LOL and then I may take them out and find something to get in to. Hopefully Sunday will be a quiet, do nothing but scrap kind of day :)

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Laundry, laundry, and more laundry. But to be fair, we did just get back from 8 days in sunny Phoenix, so it was well earned.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ooh! How was it?

19. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

This week has been crazy with the weather going up and down and making me feel like I'm getting a cold. Blech. We went to an OKState Basketball game last night and today I'm watching my niece and nephew for my FIL. I need to get the house picked up, laundry done, and find some scrappy time.

20. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Laura, I have fond memories of when Andrea and I did that many years ago. Enjoy!