Brrrrrrrr....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Nikki Epperson, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Have you turned on your heater yet? We haven't but it's getting down to the low 40's at night now. I just hate to turn it on when it's 75 when we get home. I dread the bill!!!

[​IMG]

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I live in the desert high up, almost a mile, and it is wicked hot all summer, I love it! I am a wimp. It goes under 70, and I have a fire in fireplace, hot chocolate and snuggle.
    The cooler was winterized on Friday, and the heater was on Sunday morning...cause I was freezing...it was 47 out..bhahaha

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

We haven't turned ours on officially yet. We have fired up the gas fireplace a few times to warm up the living room though. We have been hitting the low 30's at night - frosty frosty ground in the morning, and it is COLD in here, but the minute the sun is out it warms our house up so well that we grin and bear it! And we like it cool when we sleep so that we can snuggle up in warm blankets, so 62 at night is perfect for me! And like you Nikki - I am dreading the bills...thankfully our house is super efficient, but the last two years we had record lows for most the winter and the bills were not good.

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Yep turn it on to get the chill off the house. At least it's November.

5. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Yes turned it on already and I live in Cali LOL It got to under 70 and I was freezing my buttons off.

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

The lowest we have seen is 55 in the mornings. It still gets up to 80ish during the day, so for now we just deal with the chill of the morning with no heater.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  7. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We turned ours on and it felt good to get home to that yesterday after my hour long walk in about 55 degrees. We are still sleeping with our bedroom door closed and the window open. I love to burrow into my blanket pile and have cold breezes! :)

9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I love that I need a blanket on my bed now. The sheet is not enough. We actually still have the AC on during the hottest parts of the day (11-5ish). :( Arizona is hot!! But the electric bill went down by like half, because it doesn't have to work as hard to keep our house at 79.

10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

this time of year the heat pump is on automatic so I'm not always sure if we are actually heating , or actually cooling.. or just blowing air around...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We have, just this week, but it only really kicks on in the evening. We sleep with it super cold, so the heat doesn't turn on, just in the evenings when we are doing homework, watching tv and dinner. I'm in NJ... and it was super warm, until now. Unseasonably warm, lol! I'll take it!

12. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Sadly, we are still running our air conditioner. Sigh. BUT, this morning, I woke up to temps in the high 60's. :woot It'll be 80 by the afternoon, but still... Fall is coming...

13. klee73010

I don't think our AC was on at all today! First day of the season!

14. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Us too!! I had the ceiling fan on, but I am pretty sure that we had our 1st official non - ac day! Yayyy!

15. klee73010

16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We have been playing the turn it on/turn it off game. Stupid temperatures!

17. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I've yet to have the A/C off here just yet. It's tough to think about heat when it was 90 here yesterday. Even wearing sleeves is still too hot.

18. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Oh yes! it's actually been feeling like winter here the past week. We got the winter coats out and everything.

19. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Just when I thought we were definitely turning it on, it was almost 70 here last night! Oklahoma needs to get it together!

20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Not yet, but projected lows in the 30's on Friday night - so it's coming!