Another one in the books!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Nov 8, 2015.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

SO excited! I just uploaded my last layout for my 3rd quarter 2015 book, and placed an order from Shutterfly! I took advantage of 50% off and free shipping, plus gift cards that I had on hand... it cost me a total of $0. I LOVE a free book!! :yesss

Here, if you want to take a peek:
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BcNXLVo5ZsmGf

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Yay!!!! How exciting!! Both getting another book done AND that price! I'm printing three times this year and my book 2 just arrived on Thursday from Shutterfly. I'll have to take a peek at your book.

3. RebeccaH

So are you doing 4 months at a time, I am assuming? I like that...would be nice to have 1 less book for the year. I'd rather pay for the extra pgs than the whole extra book. :) I might have to see if I can make that work for next year.

How did your book turn out? Are you happy with it?

4. tkradtke

Too funny Rebecca! I was sitting here contemplating printing four books a year like you do! :-) Yes, I do every four months. I did two a year the past two years, but my second book for last year ended up with 109 pages (one away from the max). So, I knew I needed to do something. I figured I would up the book number by one to see how it would go. My original plan was to have one book from Jan to the end of school, one book for summer, and one book from first day of school to the end of the year. But my kids go to different schools (one private, one public), so their start and end days are 2-3 weeks apart. If their schedules were closer to the same, I like the separate summer book idea.

I'm really happy with my book! I love looking through it. My in-laws were here over the weekend and they went through it all word by word, photo by photo. It's neat to see the effort appreciated by others. Here's the link to my book...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuW7li0btWZV

This year I embraced the "as many pages as it takes" philosophy since this is the only scrapping that I do. I'm struggling with it being less "project life" and more "pocket scrapped photo album" though. Something I need to work out before I start 2016.

Your book looked wonderful! I love how you incorporate scrapped pages with your pocket pages.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

And I'm laughing Tracie because I was so caught up in the 2 pages a week! I think what works for you works for you. It doesn't matter if it's a perfect project life. It's Tracie & family's life. And you are getting it done and kept up so just go with what works. Next years schedule may be different or you could do to Memorial Day and have summer June to August and who cares if the kids are in school.

6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

And congratulations Rebecca. My project life just didn't work out. So I'm working on just putting pages that are done together and seeing what I need to do. It will be a mix of all styles this year. But it's my first year. I still at least have a lot more scrapped than I did.

7. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Wow your book turned out great

8. RebeccaH

I think it looks great, Tracie! I don't get the "just pictures in a pocket page" feel at all! I sorta do get that from my own, but definitely not from yours!
    This is the only scrapping I do as well. Every now and then (as you can see from this book), I'll throw in a regularly scrapped page. But my goal is to tell our story for the year, no matter how many or how few pages that takes. I'm in the mindset of just getting it done. I want to be able to have books to look through. Too many of my years (all those precious years when the kids were so tiny and cute) are severely missing from our albums because I spent so much time and effort trying to make fancy pages instead of getting all those photos out of the computer and into a viewable format.
    In my mind, any way that accomplishes this simple goal is a way that works. :)

9. RebeccaH

Also, I do like the idea of a special book for summer... That might be kind of cool! I'm actually contemplating a book for Thanksgiving through Christmas, since we have sooooooo many photos through the holiday season... and there are always so many amazing holiday products... it would be a pretty sweet book I think. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle that for this year... if I only scrap Oct-Nov in one book and TG-end of Dec. in another, my Oct/Nov book will be pretty skimpy. I'm thinking this year I might just make a clear divide - sort of "Welcome to the Holiday section of town" kind of page and then focus on holiday events and daily events and details from there.... We'll see how it takes shape. ???

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love the idea of a separate summer album!

[​IMG]

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

12. tkradtke

I like the holiday album/section idea! I have wanted to do December Daily for years, but it has never worked out as a separate album. First off, our holiday stuff starts at Thanksgiving, so I have a few November things to throw in and second, because I do project life, it seemed to be too much overlap when trying to put the separate album together. BUT... if I do your idea, then it's a Holiday section within my PL book that can be done daily! I like the divider idea too! I did something similar for the road trip section of my book 2. I did a cover page, so to speak, to separate that section out.

13. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Your book looks great! I so need to get some books ordered!!!

14. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

wow that look really awesome Rebecca... I can;t wait to roder mine when the year is done..

15. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

You must feel so good! Congratulations!

16. sucali

sucali sucali

It looks beautiful! Hope you get it soon!

17. RebeccaH

Looks like I should get it tomorrow!

18. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I don't care from what date to what date my photobooks go! I just put in the 120 pages (max I can put in one book). For the wintermonths it's almost 7 months, for the summertimes I need two books ;-). First I tried to put one year in one book, but then it's so hard to choose wich pictures to use and I don't watch pictures on the computer, so that pictures will be 'lost forever'. Now I put in every picture I think I would like to see again :-)

19. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

What is the quality of the pages of the lay flat book with shutterFLY? Are they thick photo quality or thin like their regular books? I have printed 2 phonebooks before through adorama pix and the quality was amazing but they were so expensive so I would need a different route if I do photo books

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  20. RebeccaH

They are thick pages - quite a bit sturdier than the regular page thickness. At least twice the thickness.