I have a confession to make.........

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by DixieDoesPSP, Nov 9, 2015.

1. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

It appears I must admit to being a digital hoarder and not even knowing I was until today.
    With all this talk of backups and failures etc etc I decided I better take a look see at what i had saved on my external drives, see what i thought was important and what i could trash.
    Boy, was I in for a shock.
    On 1 EHD I have these items in these amounts:

Brushes: 4,970 in 199 different folders
    Filters: 2,611 in 5 Folders
    Patterns: 2,592 in 76 Folders
    Plug-ins: 7,514 in 154 folders
    Styles: 3,134 in 568 folders

Ready for the crazy one now???

Actions: 20,697 in 3,027 folders WHAT?!?!?!

How in the world did I get all these? Mostly I find them on Deviant art. I have some dating all the way back to Tandika (Was that her name?) and Atomic Cupcake....Many were freebies here and there and I can pretty much guarantee you I have some doubles so i need to go through all these and well start trashing some. I could open my own Actions through time History museum. LOL

So how many of these items do you all have on your computer or EHD?

:tantrum I dont even want to think about sorting these things now.:dizzy:stars

:shemademe:hairpol

Mylinn likes this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh, I am not going to even try. My computer might just HANG doing the calculations!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Holy Moly! I've done some purging, compared to you! HAHA! :P

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Hold up, there's a place for free actions?! Must go look....

5. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Wow! That's a lot of digital goodness! It's an addiction!
    Bart says, purge!! purge!! purge!! Make room for new goodies!
    [​IMG]

6. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

7. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I won't even plug my external in. I don't want to know what I'm hoarding. But obviously, besides photos, I haven't used anything off of it in almost a year, so I totally don't need the old kits, actions, etc!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! That is quite a stash! I went through a brush phase and downloaded a ton from DeviantArt, but I have used only a handful ever. I should probably go delete them all. I also had a membership at Atomic Cupcake WAY back in the day and downloaded all of her fun actions... and I never use those either. Lol. We used to have to try to make our own alphas and elements way back then. Now, the designers do a WAY better job and I'd rather just use their fun stuff instead. :giggle

9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I used to feel bad because IO have so many fonts and brushes it takes forever to load them. Now I feel all clean and tidy... I am no where near your counts...

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am seriously not game to quantify what scrapping stuff I have on my computer ... I would then feel a need to categorise it all and sort it and relabel it ...... and ain't nobody got time for that!!! :D

11. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

I'm with you Amanda -- I wish I had known enough to set up a better organization/relabeling system when I first started, because I will never have the time (or patience) to go back & re-do it all.

12. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I'm with you there now that I know what a mess I have I suppose I now have to organize it. I have a feeling I will be dumping a lot. Maybe I will put some on disk and at least get it off my computer then if I need something I can just pop in the disk.