Family Board Games

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sarahbhb, Nov 9, 2015.

1. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I've posted a few of our favorite games to play as a family on the blog today.

https://the-lilypad.com/family-board-games/

Have you and your family played any games recently? If so I would love to know what one(s). The last game we played as a family was Pandemic, which is a cooperative game where you work together to rid the world of disease.

2. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

3. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

4. DixieDoesPSP

We stopped playing board games because my husband is way to competitive.

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Omygeee mine too. It will be interesting to see if he can handle playing games with the kids! I don't play with him very often.

6. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Gonna have to check these out. We love board games at our house. Always looking for new ones. I always get each of my children a new board game for Christmas.

7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

We have like 16 moplopy boards.. *L* its our favorite..
    My oldest and I really LOVE scatagories too.. :)
    of course we play a lot of card games as well.. such as 5 crowns, phase 10, yuker, rummy and uno! :P
    and my youngest loves My Little Pony Rainbow, Pretty Princess.. and Hi Ho Cherry

8. DixieDoesPSP

Oh Monopoly is a for sure NO NO in our house. One game got so heated a relative picked up the game and threw it across the room. Monopoly and Risk are seriously bad for competitive people.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Well, the xmas wish list just went and grew itself. I saw Concept on Tabletop and I've been wanting to try it myself ever since, but the others I didn't know!

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The kids always want to play this and I have to remind them how badly it can go... no one just slightly loses at Monopoly.

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We don't have any of these but I have purchased a few games for Christmas gifts. I think one is a game you recommended, Sarah... Ticket to Ride. That's our family game. I bought each kid a game as well. For my son I got Tripoley since he's into card games. And for my daughter, I got Scene It Disney Magic. When she was really little my mom got her the original Disney Scene It game. We played it a lot back then. Then it sat dormant for a while. Now her and her friends have rediscovered and play it ALL of the time. They play it without the board, just playing the "all play" video questions and yelling out answers. It's crazy how into it a bunch of 8th grade girls can be! I got this one since it has some of the more recent (relatively speaking) Disney/Pixar movies.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  12. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Bart loves games!!
    Hop! Hop!
    [​IMG]

13. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

We don't play a lot of games because *I* hate losing haha. I'm a bad example. But I played UNO with the kids at day camp this summer, so that is definitely making it into someone's stocking this year. :)

14. DixieDoesPSP

15. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I just picked up Aggravation this past week (which is old!) as well as Bounce-Off game.

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

we just had a family game night last week. i mentioned it to my daughter as a joke and then next thing i knew she went down to the basement and came back up with a stack of games and my 15 year old son. i was in shock! we had dinner at the table and played games for awhile. mostly silly games like apples to apples. the hubby was at a dinner meeting in the city. it was SO nice! going to check out your blog post now sarah. :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

totally agree about monopoly, lol!

18. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

We LOVE Boggle in our house! Easy clean up after it's over too...

19. sarahbhb

Have you thought about playing some cooperative board games? You work together so you're both trying for a common goal. The game I mentioned in the first post (Pandemic) is a very popular cooperative game. I know a lot of people that don't enjoy competitive games that really like cooperative games.

20. sarahbhb

I never let my daughter win games when she was little...I wasn't cut throat or anything but I certainly didn't lose on purpose. Of course that didn't stop her from beating me most of the time anyway...haha.