Marshal Law [Novel in a Day 2015] | Free ebook

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Oct 17, 2015.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Okay, so this is the second year I've participated in an event called Novel in a Day. The idea behind it is that each person writes one chapter, and it is combined with 20+ other chapters to make a novel in 24 hours. I've included the link to the host's website where you can download the book as PDF or e-reader version.

Each writer receives a brief that contains the most basic character information and a bit of setting/history. Then the brief tells us where our chapter picks up and where we need to leave off. We do not know the basic story or what has happened before our chapter or what will happen after. It is basically writing blind, which is not as easy as it may sound. And you don't have the full 24 hours to write your chapter, especially if you plan on sleeping. LOL

Anyway, here is the book from this year. It is a western novel. Westerns are not my cup of tea and I have never even seen one other than Rango :giggle. It was fun to tackle anyway. We had enough participants to create three separate books (of the same basic characters/plot line).

http://www.pigfender.com/index.php/2015/10/marshal-law-niad-2015/

My portion falls in the yellow version. I haven't read any of it yet, but thought I'd share it in case anyone else is interested.

And here is the one from last year. A little more interesting (to me anyway). A sort of spy/thriller sort of story.

http://www.pigfender.com/index.php/2014/10/section7-niad-2014/

2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

This is so cool. and pretty amazing that you participated! I will have to find some time to pop over there.

and Bart wants to hop over
    [​IMG]

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Kiss for Bart!

And that is so cool, Kimberlee!

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

How cool Kimberlee!

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I actually AM interested! :) sounds fun, though I agree, last year's genre is more my thing. Lol

6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I am so impressed. Gotta read those and try that.

7. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

That sounds super interesting!