Questions about the challenges?

Discussion in 'September 2015 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Aug 27, 2015.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Is there any results re the polly winner from September?

2. docsheila1

docsheila1 Well-Known Member

I'm new to this site so bear with me:)) I just posted in the member gallery something for the template challenge. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it on that specific thread which as I understand it also has to be posted on? -- the specific challenge thread, that is.

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

If you go to your gallery post, there's a box on the right that says Share this Image. right click on the bottom one (direct link) and copy it. Go to the challenge thread, and paste that link into a reply, and you're all done!

4. docsheila1

julie: I did that and it only shows the link address? is there a particular number of posts in the gallery before it will go to the challenge thread?

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

The "direct link" is just a link address. The "linked image" (two boxes up from "direct link") will show the LO. I'm not sure if there is a post count required for that to work (maybe that's why Julie said to do the direct link instead), but posts in the forum also count as posts so if you don't have enough yet, you can get a little chatty. It's probably only 5 or 10 posts if there is a limit.

6. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Ditto what Lorry said ^

Copy this code:
    [​IMG]

Paste it directly in the post like this:

[ url=https://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=222717&title=my-room&cat=1008][ img]https://the-lilypad.com/gallery/data/1008/MY-ROOM.jpg[/img ][/url ]

(I put spaces in mine so that you can see what the code looks like. Don't add spaces to yours. Just copy & paste.)

and then after you click on "post quick reply," you should see your layout:
    [​IMG]

If that doesn't work, then there is a particular number of posts you need (that number directly under your name here on the left). You can leave comments in the gallery & reply to forum posts. Try to get to 20 and see what happens. Let us know how it goes! Welcome to the Lilypad!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i recall when i was low count, i was able to do a quick reply in a tread, then go back to edit it and put my layout in the orginal reply

8. docsheila1

got it!!! thank you MUCH:)))

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I see your LOs there now. Yay! :) Glad we could help you!