Persnickity Prints

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by NancyBeck, Oct 29, 2015.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I just got 130 pages in the mail from Persnickity yesterday and it made me wonder if anyone else is using them and if so which paper they select for printing.

This is the 2nd time I've used them for a bulk printing like this and I love the quality and price. I buy credits when they have their 25% off sale, which makes each 12X12 $1.50 apiece. Both times, I selected the mat photographic paper which is fine, but it left me wondering which paper others might like and why.

When I printed at home I used Epson's mat scrapbook paper, so in comparison, these look like a photo would look, which is fine for the photos, but I wonder if the elements and journal cards would look better in a different finish.

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but just curious about yours?

2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I use the matte finish too. I just got 75 prints from the last sale and I have 150 credits in the wings. Love their quality.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm following this - I have a whole slew of credits and wanted to print a bunch of my single pages. (I'm worried I won't like them next to one another with my ocd, but want to get them printed!) Once my kids see it, I'm hoping their reaction will help that the sides don't match, lol!

4. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I print matte too, I just prefer them like that.

5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Matte for me as well. Can't wait to start printing 2015!!

6. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Love Persnickety and I also print Matte - 8x8. Also just got 70 pages on their last sale, and I LOVE seeing them in real life!!!

7. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I also order the matte ones from them. I can't resist stocking up on credits so I can print whenever I want.

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I haven't ordered yet, but plan to next week for DSD. I usually print matte anywhere I print photos.

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i stick with matte too but have wondered about the other papers - i buy matte just because in the plastic sleeve things in the folders i use (i think they're we are memory keepers brand) the one time i printed a few at the local shops (we're talking like in 2005 here) and forgot to tick the 'matte' box, they were glossy obviously and would kinda stick in places to the sleeves. It's a bit like when you have normal photo prints in frames and the humidity makes them look blotchy cos it sticks to the glass .

10. renee82

renee82 renee82

I seem to be the only person who prints in glossy... I love the how the color looks on them. I've also printed in the metallic finish. It gave the pages a neat sheen.

11. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I also love getting metallic prints!

12. bderby

I guess I print glossy because I don't remember ever checking a box for matte. I love my 8x8 and 12x12 prints from Persnickety and use them all the time.

I will say that I have done a lot of 4x6 printing this year and have ordered a couple of times from Persnickety when they had a sale and also during a sale at Mpix and I really loved the color and clarity more at Mpix.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I almost always print matte because when I paper scrapped, the matte photos showed fingerprints less. Lol. Also, don't forget that all of your pages are going into a glossy type page protector, so you'll still get that gloss on top anyway.

14. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I find that when the pages are really different, it doesn't matter if they don't match. :)

15. klee73010

I put mine in loose sheet protectors so I can move them around, because I have the same fear!!

16. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I print matte also when I have my layouts printed by Persnickety. I have glossy photo paper that I use at home, and wish I had matte but it came in the bundle with my ink... so I use it.

17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Renee & Becky - when you print metallic prints are you printing photos or scrapbook layouts? I think I might like to try the metallic for some of our family photos - to hang in the house.

18. bderby

I print photos to put in frames for the metallic. I think it gives them almost a 3D effect. I will try to take a picture and post to see if you can see the difference.

19. bderby

20. klee73010