July 2015 ARt JoUrNaling - challenge 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Where are my collectors? What do you collect? I collect everything! I am just a few months away from being eligible to be the featured person in a hoarder's episode.:dizzy

Now, all kidding aside. Do you collect anything? Tea cups, elephants, penguins, shot glasses, vases, scrapbook supplies, dolls? Anything? I want you to scrap about that collection that you started this year or the one that you started when you were a young child or any collection in between. I want to see pictures of YOUR collection or some of it. Now, there is a second part to this challenge..... They say we collect stuff to fill a gap in our souls. Do you agree? Why do you think you have your specific collection? What are you trying to fill up with this collection? What emotion are these collections connected to? This is the part I want to know about the most.

There is going to be some deep soul searching on this one or maybe not, but I want you to try it! :heartslub

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh this could be deep. This could be month long for me but I wanted to get part of my collection out and put away some. So good for extra motivation.

3. Dalis

I'm in the same boat. My neighbors and I are putting a plan together to "clean" out my house, I have too much stuff, too many collections. I am selling, donating and trashing most of it. I want all these "baggage" gone from my life. You might see more than one page for this challenge from me. This is my step #2 in my "cleansing", step #1 is accepting I needed help and asking for it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  4. carilyne

That's too funny -- same here. I had the goal of getting a big dent by the end of this month (from last year) but a big trip, illnesses and other junk and here it is July and it's only a tiny dent. I need help I can accept that, but haven't found someone yet. They have to be able to accept the emotional part of it and give me space when I need it. (husbands are not good at that). This week the plan is to set up the 3 boxes -- keep, donate, throw away (sell maybe?) and get started. Yeah this could be a book and deep digging in more than one way.

5. Dalis

I think between you and me could make a phonebook look skinny next to our books about "collections". I am so lucky to have these two ladies to help me out. I am scared though, I must confess it!

6. carilyne

Yeah I've done some of it that was more emotional -- but I at least have a friend now I can write and say cheer me on. Will you? Maybe we need a Hoarders Anonymous thread

7. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Good challenge...I do "collect / rescue" things :) old miss matched china (used for all holidays & birthdays), milk glass, buttons, paper mache (all seasons) and especially paper these days. I swear to not buy any more yet here it is.

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i think i miss hand cordination to mess with my index cards (or looking at finished page, that something new wrong with my legs)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Good challenge Dalis. I think I am more of a throw it away person, but my husband will be on the Horders, buried alive, right after you.
    I guess I do collect old furniture that I refinish, and probably shoes. Dishes from far off places where we travel, but if a collection means quantity, maybe only my 100 pairs of shoes qualifies. I have to take some pictures and come back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  10. Dalis

We can totally do this!

11. Dalis

Cath, I love that you put the pocket card templates in a pocket! LOL!!!

I want to see a pic of your shoes even if you don't scrap them.

12. carilyne

I don't think it means quantity. If bringing home dishes as memories of far off places is what you almost always bring home, it sounds like a collection to me. And of course the shoes and the furniture would too.

13. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

oh no! I collect absolutely nothing at all... -.-
    can I scrap about my collected inspiration boards on pinterest?

14. Dalis

That's a collection!

15. Dalis

How are you gals doing on this one? I spent 2 hrs in my basement today... yikes!

16. carilyne

Life has gotten away from me. I haven't had time or energy to go to the basement -- well I guess I've had the time to. It's going to have to be currently upstairs pics. I was just thinking about it last night though. Have to plan to make myself do a hour or two a day I think

17. Dalis

I have my hair and clothes covered in spider webs!!!!!!

18. carilyne

That will make for a cool art journaling page.

19. Dalis

I know, I was giving little yelps all two hours! YUCK!

20. carilyne

I'm waiting for two new additions to my collection but they weren't mailed until today. Guess I'll have to rethink -- of course it needs to be art journaly so that will take some thought