Pad Patter: 5/19 favorite names

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 19, 2015.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

growing up I always wanted a Susan or an Emily,
    and
    a
    Jeremy for a boy...
    I got a whole lot of kids, but no Susan, Emily or Jeremy!
    :giggle
    What about you?

2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

If I had a girl I wanted Bronwyn or Rowan but got voted down quite quickly. Had Brynn or Brinley agreed to.

For boys I got the name I wanted, which was Braeden :) but I have also always liked Jeremy and Gavin.

3. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I really loved the name Jordan, but didn't end up naming my daughter that. Back when I had my daughter, they didn't do regular ultrasounds, so the doctor just told me that I was having a boy (based on heartbeat). I was shocked when he said it was a girl, and had no name picked out, but Jessica popped out of my mouth. :giggle

I also really like the name Piper, but we've used that for a cat, so now it is sort of off limits. LOL. Not that I'm having any other kids. :giggle

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Always wanted Kaydence for a girl, and I have her!! I wanted her middle name to be LaRee (like mine) but when I got married and my last name changed to Lee, I didn't like how "LaRee Lee" sounds if I say my full name (Kristina LaRee Lee), so I decided my daughter wouldn't have that either. She is Kaydence Olivia (Kaydee or Bug for short).

I always wanted triplet boys (because I'm crazy) named Brayden, Brenden, and Bryson..... that was vetoed. Lol.

With my second, we didn't want to know the gender for a long time during the pregnancy and had several gender neutral names.... finally decided on Rory James (boy) or Rori Jaymes (girl).... and we had a boy :) he was named after Rory from Dr Who.... the lone centurian.... haha

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I wanted an Elizabeth and Charlotte... this was about 10 years ago - before the new princess arrived recently, lol! I also loved Devin for a girl. As for boys, I like a very Irish name that DH shot down.... Shamus. No go. lol! We used family names - Shayne and Colin - who were my grandfather and Gruncle (great uncle). It's funny to have brothers again in the family with the same names, and in age order.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  6. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Since I was 12, I wanted a girl named Sophia. I still love the name, but when I had my girl it was (still is) so trendy I opted for something less common. I still love the name though! I also loved Asher for a boy, but about a year before I had kids, my SIL named her boy Asher - she had no clue I liked that name. DH and I also talked about Lucy for a girl, and lo and behold that same SIL had a girl named Lucy before we did! She stole both those names without even knowing it ;) I'm happy with the names we chose. We won't be having any more kids, but if I had another girl I'd name her Sally.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Think since a teen, wished i was named Brandy, guess the song, or the 70's

8. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I always knew it it was going to be a girl it would be Julie.
    So glad when hubby agreed. But hey.... no girls grew in my tummy!

9. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

I wanted Jamison for a boys name for years. I mentioned it to a friend once and she took it for her girl! (who was born 3 weeks before my first child, a boy). So we called him Lachlan instead, which is a Scottish name and very popular here, but no one in America had heard of it when we lived there. We would always say his name when we ordered Starbucks and laugh at how they spelled it.

10. kraftkris

kraftkris Member

Our wedding planner's name was Sabrina and I always liked the name but forgot about it at the time when it came to name my daughter. I like Sidney too.

Kind of a spin off - but I took a "ghost tour" while visiting Savannah (pre kids) and the tour guide's name was so unique & cool I just knew that I would name my son the same thing....yeah, fast forward to when I actually had kids and could not remember for the life of me. Too bad I wasn't a scrapper then.

11. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I wanted to have a boy and name him Shane. I married a Scheele (with the "sh" sound) so it was a no go on Shane ;)

12. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Most names sound different in Danish than they do in English, and I wanted to be okay with both pronunciations for whatever names we picked. A lot of my favorite names don't agree with my ears when they're pronounced the Danish way, so they were out. I don't mind telling people, "actually it's (this pronunciation)" but I don't want to cringe every time I hear it the other way. e.g. I really like the name Camille, but not Camilla, and the Danish pronunciation of Camille is really close to Camilla. There are also some names that DH insisted were too confusing for Danes (like Lloyd). We did finally agree on a couple boys' names, Bastian and Ridley, but never had any boys. We also had a "back up" girls' name, Franca, in case of twins.

13. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I can't remember all the specific names I liked when I was in high school, but I do remember creating all kinds of 'alternate' spellings for the names--thinking that would just be so cool. When I got married and we started talking about names, we realized that we had very specific likes and dislikes LOL We ended up expecting twin boys while we were living in France and so that complicated things a little bit more because we wanted names that sounded good/acceptable in French and English. We ended up with Xavier and William (Xavier--the sole name that we totally agreed on before ever thinking about having kids) and William (named for a dear friend who died in a car accident in college).

14. khakisack

khakisack Active Member

I wanted Matthew for a boy and Anna for a girl. I have 3 kids... but no Matthew and no Anna! I never knew how hard it could be to agree on names! With my oldest DH all but refused to talk names. He kept saying "I will know when I see him." So when he held DS for the first time I asked him what his name was. He looked stricken and said "I can't believe I don't know!"

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

If I had had a boy I would have liked to call him Aiden but I am very happy with my girls names - Isabella and Natasha suit them both perfectly!

When I was little I was called Mandy (which I hated with a passion) and I wanted to be call Victoria but Mum wouldn't let me call myself anything other than Mandy. So to assert my independence I insisted to be called Amanda from Grade 9 onwards and I got that so I was happier :)

16. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

I have a Samuel. If we have another boy, I'd like Declan or Lachlan. If we ever have a girl, I have always loved Eleanor.

17. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I loved the names Eleanor,Elizabeth (Libby), Jane, Lillian, Duncan, William, Andrew, Magnolia (Maggie) and Taylor. We have Joshua Eli, Abigail Taylor and Amelia (we call her Mollie).