pad Patter: 4/2 email clean up?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 2, 2015.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I do use two emails, one for ordering and all that...and another for just private emails. My yahoo is my more public...YIKEs, :dizzyI went out of town yesterday and was away from puter for about 24 hours, and over 100 emails..most are subscriptions. I think it is time to cancels most of those!
    Do you all keep a ton of newsletters and such?

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I subscribe to TLP designers' newsletters and a select few others. I mostly hate email.

3. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I just let them accumulate and just ignore most.

4. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

i use unroll.me for everything but the scrapbook designer emails and companies i work with newsletters. it sends me one email a day as a digest, i can scroll through it if i am in the mood to shop, or click delete and 53 emails never happened! ;) it's free and pretty awesome like that - you can scroll your list and unsubscribe by one click from the list of newsletters (no matter who they come from)

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh goodness! I love that idea!

6. lorryfach

I just signed up for unroll.me and eagerly await my new email experience. Thanks for sharing, Danielle!

7. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Is this an app for phone and tablet or also usable for laptop?

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I'm wondering if you are reading my mind or something...... the day you posted about bed head, I was talking about the prblems I have with my hair with my doctor, then when you posted the MOG dress I was looking to buy the dress for a wedding Sarita will be maid of honor in August...now... I just finished deleting 312 emails that I had no read, then I came here to empty my imbox as it warned me it was on 90% full....
    I'm spooked...get out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tantrum

:rofl:rofl:rofl

9. lorryfach

It's not an app, Sarah, just a website. I signed up on a laptop. unroll.me is the web address.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I use unroll as well and love it... but still get PLENTY in my inbox. I love new e-mail, though. Maybe it just makes me feel popular :giggle

11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I am a problem child as far as email. My inbox currently has 3394 unread. :( A couple of weeks ago, I went through and deleted about 7500, unsubscribed to a ton of lists I was on, set up rules and some filters, and for a week or so, I barely got any email. Now it seems like I'm back to getting more. Not as much as before, but still too much. Ugh. It takes so long to go through and delete it all. It is just a headache. I might have to check out that unroll thing. Thanks for sharing it.

eta: I signed up for unroll. I had 342 subscriptions. :/ I unsubscribed to about 50 and rolled up a good chunk of the rest. we'll see how it goes. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  12. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

My inbox is just rammed especially on ipad,is there a quicker way to delete them all on ipad?

13. lorryfach

On iPad, Mailbox is a really nice app.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have quite a lot of subscriptions, but I went through about a year ago and unsubscribed to a bunch. I almost always check my email on my phone because (on my iPhone) I can just swipe across an email and send it straight to trash. I'll go through and do that for the advertisement type emails if I don't feel like reading them that day and can clean things out in a hurry.

the problem comes for me when I leave read emails in my inbox because I need to do something with them "later". Sometimes later doesn't come for a long time and then I can't remember why I saved a certain email. :giggle

15. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I have 9,999+ emails in my yahoo account. Definitely trying unroll.me, thanks for the tip. I've unsubscribed to lots but I am just lazy about deleting old email!

16. lorryfach

Get Mailbox! You can still swipe to delete, but you can always swipe the other direction to make it go away until later, and you can tell it when (tonight, tomorrow, next week, etc.) When it shows up 'like new' later, it's more likely to make you go "ooooh yeah, I need to do that" than when it's just sitting in your inbox all the time. Nothing in inbox = nothing to do. Mailbox is the ONLY app I miss from iPhone. There's nothing else like it.

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have about 42,000 emails in my inbox. I need to clean up.

18. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Oh gosh, girl, you definitely need to hot the delete button! :giggle

19. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I guess I'm the over achiever...I get to inbox zero almost every night on both my personal and school account....

I also use unroll.me and it has been a lifesaver

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yes, I do! It's so overwhelming! I have years and years of old emails!