Should I or should I not?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by PLM, Mar 25, 2015.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I have been drooling for days now over this smartphone...
    My current one is not working perfect anymore (it's only 2 years old, sigh...) :thumbsdowns

Well, I started to look on the net and this phone seems to have everything I am looking for.
    [​IMG]
    It has 32 gb, is big but light in the hand and it has a s-pen. I am using my phone alot as organizing tool. Tried to go back to paper agenda, but that's not working so good to be honest.
    I seriously thought about having an iphone, but everything here is samsung and I learned you can't upgrade the gb 'cause the case of the phone is closed.

We have the means, but it 's an expensive phone and I'm not used to do such luxurious buys. I guess I feel a bit guilty about it. :scared
    This last week I started doing gelish nails and I am considering to have permanent eye make-up, which isn't also cheap... But with my new job, I feel like I'm changing and I need to be presentable. The nails and permanent makeup would help me to save time. But I also feel guilty about spending so much money on myself.

Sigh... I am a bit weir d perhaps.
    What are your thoughts about it?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I say go for it if it's something you will use regularly. In the span of time, the money will not be that great. You could always cut someplace else for a while (like that Starbucks, etc) if you need to assuage the guilt. I don't like that phrase "You're worth it", but it IS okay to indulge at times especially if it's helpful to your life and your sanity.

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'd say go for it! I just upgraded my 11-year-old phone (yup, an old flip phone without text) for an iPhone 6+ and I couldn't be happier.

4. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Wow--that is quite an upgrade! :)

I say do what your gut tells you. I know that a phone that does not work correctly is huge hassle and you probably are not going to be sorry!

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

if that is the note4, we just went from the ol' flip phone to it..and wow what a learning curve...but I like it, not official love it...as it took me 3 days to figure out how to answer it...
    but it is fun...I do a tutorial every morning...and giggle as I learn new things...mine's name is Emily and I say, "Emily wake up" and then she is ready, I say Emily message My honey, and she does! amazing!!

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Go for it, you are worth it!

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have trouble going from an old Ericson some 6 months ago a phone that isnt even a smart phone...is a cheapo version of the blackberry and I can't deal with anything, so is of all the time :giggle
    but then again I don't really need it....
    Sarita has an iPhone and is very very happy with it, so am I as she has free phone calls, so I use hers when we need to call national numbers...

I would say go for it-
    You said you have the means- ...don't hammer guilt into your head & heart... good on you on the manicure/pedicure
    now, I wouldn't for permanent make up....
    I worked as a beautician in Brazil- then here I did false nails, sculptured ones, I went to a course in a beauty institute.... and I saw a LOT of fiascos here too.... unless you are an actress or work as a model....do you really need make up?
    the phone will be much much more worth it!!!!

8. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Is say go for it to treat yaself,i just ordered the samsung s6 edge on preorder,so excited

9. PLM

I can imagine, the progress in between is HUUUGGGGEEE! I hope you can find how everything works!

10. PLM

O Anne, it is indeed the note 4. Funny you allready have it. And glad to hear you're happy with it of course!
    I didn't know you could name it and it tell it to do things. That's cool! :dizzy

Which color is yours? Did you buy a cover? Do you use the pen alot and does it work good?
    Do you mean you're watching videos on youtube to learn what it can do?

Sorry for all the questions...:giggle

11. PLM

It would only be to place a line under the eye and on the eyelid. I know 3 people who have done it and it looks great.
    Which fiasco's do you mean then?

12. PLM

To everyone: thank you for your thoughts. I have to admit I was 1 click away yesterday from ordering it.
    But then, I thought I should overthink it one more time just to be sure. This will be my mother's day gift, my birthday and christmas one... :giggle

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I say get the phone and just buy over the counter eye liner :) I get the gel manicure (French so when it grows a bit it is not noticeable and then all I need to do is go once a month)and a regular French pedicure... you should get the phone.. you will have it for a while and it will be worth it to you. Go for it. I say you can't take it with you so enjoy the fruits of your labor... :) Enjoy !!!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am usually very frugal, but when it comes to techy stuff I love to splurge. If it were me, I would totally get the new phone. I use mine a zillion times a day and literally don't know where I'm supposed to be next without checking my calendar. I definitely get my money's worth out of it! I do however wait until my current phone is not working well and I don't make those purchases on a whim.

15. Dana

Dana Dana

i vote YES for the phone too :) my SIL has permanent eyeliner - i'm totally jealous of it! (although i'm too much of a chicken to do it myself LOL)

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Emily is White, and yes I got a case:
    [​IMG]
    I watch youtube videos to learn how to use her correctly :giggle
    the pen is so cool, but I haven't got to that yet!
    I also got a screen cover..:giggle
    my fear of the pen was losing it....but there is a feature if you take the phone and leave the pen it vibrates until you replace the pen! :woot

17. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

That's what I NEED to do -- name my phone!

18. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

It looks like an impressive phone...and if you get it, it clearly should be related to Emily in some way...

19. PLM

A little update on the story: hubby was and is not keen on such an expensive phone...
    I decided to let it be for a couple of days. .. yes women's tricks :gigglee
    But yesterday phone blocked completely. So.. something is needed fast! Lol.....

20. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

Now, if only you could figure out a way for it to be the ONLY phone you can get to replace your old phone....(I play these tricks too)