Best Online BackUp

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Feb 18, 2015.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Where do you backup your files online? (I currently use Backblaze, but am considering adding another backup - I need one that can access my EHD and one that has unlimited space) Thanks in advance!!

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I use crashplan now. I used backblaze. It can backup your EHD, but you have make sure to plug it in at least once every 30 days so it doesn't forget about those files. with crashplan you can back it up and not worry about the 30 day window

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have my EHDs constantly in use, as I use them for storage of stuff I use every day..... CrashPlan is the BEST-
    I don't need to do anything at all, their customer service is the best, is cheap enough, great value for money....
    Im left Backblaze because of bad customer service...I would go for CrashPlan!!!!!

5. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

I signed up for Crashplan in January - and LOVE it!!! I feel so much better now that I know I can recover everything that is near and dear to me!!

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I use Backblaze. I had to use it for a RESTORE last September when my last laptop DIED (on it's third hard drive). It took a long time for the restore to happen but EVERYTHING was there and in working order. I went the free route on the restore, that's why it took a LONG time for the files to get downloaded to my new computer.

How long does a restore take with Crashplan and is there an additional cost?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

There is no cost to restore over the internet. How long it takes depends on how much data it is, your internet connection, whether the computer stays connected or goes to sleep, etc. I doubt there's a huge difference, if any at all, between the time it takes with CrashPlan and with BackBlaze. You can pay to have an EHD shipped to you if you don't want to wait.

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have backblaze and it backs up my EHD? I know you can also opt for paying more for EHD with everything on (they mail to you). My puter hasn't died on me, but that $5 a month is peace of mind.

9. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

Crashplan. I paid extra for the seed service where they mail you an EHD and you put all your data on there and mail it back to them. Then they add it to their server so that you don't have to do an initial backup that takes months.

10. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Thank you for all of the input - based on your replies, I opted for Crashplan. I have Backblaze now. My HD crashed Feb 3 and I've had issues with Backblaze ever since. I have emailed customer service and gotten 3 of the same answers - but they aren't answering my specific question. I still have 3 months of the subscription and I may just eat the cost ... So far Crashplan seems easy - and it seemed like it was going to be much quicker @ backing up my EHD than Backblaze was - Backblaze was going to take 26 days.

I also purchased another EHD - I had been using 2 for a long time, but one of them died a few months ago.

I think I'm probably a bit OCD! LOL.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015