anyone else have trouble choosing photos?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by gwany1999, Feb 17, 2015.

1. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

I take a lot of photos...so when it comes to PL...I find I struggle with what photos to use! I feel I waste so much time on this one part.

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

It depends on how many photos for the week that I have taken, but yes, I often have a hard part. I try to use the ones that help tell the story of the week, but then ear mark the others for scrapping a page if I can't use them all on my PL spread. I have also discovered that my process goes much better if I will upload and edit my photos one day and then come back to them to place them in my PL spread another day. The whole process from start to finish usually takes much longer if I don't take a break from them.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I don't take enough pics!

4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have issues with that as well... which is why I sometimes use templates with lots of photo spaces or make multiple spreads or inserts for that particular week. I've always been bad about it, but have gotten worse about it this year. I'm going back and project life-ing 2010... and seeing all of those photos and how much things have changed, I have a hard time leaving out any photos now :-/

5. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

All the time. These last few weeks for sure have been tough b/c we have been doing quite a bit and I've been taking a ton of photos. A few weeks ago we took the kids on a little trip and I took a billion. Instead of stressing over picking photos, I just decided to add a few more pages to that week. :)

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

If I'm having that much trouble, I add more pages. I figure I'm never going to be like, "man, I wish I hadn't included so many photos!"

7. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I add more pages too, I take lots of photos and choose the best ones and if I need more space I will make another spread.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't do traditional PL, but I do a monthly "misc" page at the end of each month to capture all those little things that don't need a whole page to themselves, but I still want to remember. I ALWAYS have too many pictures for those. :giggle Usually I'll just do a two page spread instead of just one, but sometimes, I'll just journal about something from a picture and leave the picture off.

9. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I agree with the advice to add more pages if you need to and Lorry is right, I can't imagine ever saying, "gosh, I wish I wouldn't have used so many photos".

10. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

I add pages too- I especially like using the different sized ones like the design H- or something that is differnt in size enough to show its a subcategory of the spread Im adding to- and not another week. ;)