pad Patter: 2/10 glasses?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 10, 2015.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Bad eyesight here! I have had glasses since I was 3 or 4 years old - they are part of ME.

2. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

In fourth grade my math teacher yelled at me because I told her I couldn't see what she was talking about. She was really ticked off and said I must need glasses.

So, my mother went to talk to her (or give her a piece of her mind for yelling at me in class) and took me to get my eyes checked.

On the ride home, I was AMAZED at all the leaves in the trees, and all the detail I'd never seen or even knew was there! It was a very trippy first day wearing those things!

Oh, and for a little while in high school I wore contact lenses, but stopped when my eyes got too dry, and they were a PITA anyway. I loved it when plastic lenses came out, because then my nose stopped hurting from the weight of the heavy glass.

I can't hate wearing them. I'm so thankful I'm living in a time with such good eye care. They're just a part of who I am.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

My twin girls have such bad vision and the youngest (by 8 minutes) are the worst...poor thing. The day she got glasses, she was yelling out...hey look at that, and mom did you know that was there??? it was the most amazing (and I felt horrible it took so long) day!

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

glasses since 4th grade... I have bifocals now because distance is so out of bounds.. lol I can read without glasses though... I wore contacts for years on/off I just find it annoying now with the bifocals. I take my glasses off for photos and I won't do laser surgery since I have the beginnings of Macular Degeneration (runs on both sides of family) so while it is not affecting vision per se now, it will be... also have beginnings of cataracts too, so I figure I will get corrective lenses when I have cataract surgery down the road :)

5. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

I don't wear glasses, but my 2 year old does. He is quite farsighted. I was really nervous when I found out he needed them, but he has done wonderfully with them and I think he looks adorable. I can't imagine him without them now.

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I've had glasses since high school, I got a funky shaded lenses which were the in-thing back then. When I look at pictures, I just have to laugh. I wore a combination of glasses and contacts up to about 10 years ago, and I finally just went with glasses. I'm in progressives now and they are just so natural to have on. I do hate how smeary they get - I have very long eyelashes which touch the glasses lens and I'm forever cleaning them on the corner of a dish towel or the edge of a t-shirt. Oh, and I have to take my glasses off to read any fine print now. The joys of getting older...

7. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I wear glasses for everything... I'm becoming more and more useless without them! I love wearing them so much :D I get my eye test done at a good opticians, but buy cheap glasses on the internet so I can change them up frequently!

8. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm very nearsighted and got glasses in the 3rd grade. I've been wearing contacts since I was 15, and only use the glasses first thing in the morning or at night after the contacts come out. I did just order a new pair of frames though - they haven't come yet but I'm hoping I love them enough to wear them a few days a week to give my eyes a rest from the contacts. I wanted to do LASIK, but it's not an option for me as my corneas aren't thick enough in relation to how bad my eyesight is. *sigh*

9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I got glasses in 2nd grade. Can't see without them. Wore glasses daily until I got contacts in 8th grade, then was all about the contacts until a couple of years ago. I had some kind of issue with contacts- just couldn't wear them, so I wore glasses daily for the past two years. Finally, this summer I got a new contact prescription, and have been able to wear them again-- sheer joy to have life with no blurry edges!
    I hoped to have LASIK, but my vision is just too bad. My contacts are like -8.5 and -9. Ugh!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  10. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

Not yet. I go to the eye doctor once a year and he still tells me I have great vision. Whew!

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

same here, I have one pair from the 99pence store (and they rock!!! frames are great) in each room here, but in 2012 I went ahead and had some proper glasses made, only they made one for reading close up, one for computer (arms length) and then last year they conned me into long distance ...which I m not wearing as I see better driving without them!

I have to admit, I have been thinking on varifocals for a while, but not sure I will go for them until I really really need the long distance ones.....