Needing prayers and good thoughts tonight

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mollyscraps, Feb 11, 2015.

1. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Today was an incredibly rough day emotionally for me. My car finally broke down and there was lots of coordinating to get it to a mechanic. It turns out to need $700 in repairs to even just get it started so um... no car for me. Meanwhile my best friend of 25 years texts me to let me know he almost went into the ER last night and still might have to because he randomly decided to quit drinking yesterday afternoon after about 10 months of more/less constant drunkeness (he lost three immediate family members last year beginning last January and ending in September when his brother stepped in front of a car because he was drunk). He is now experiencing alcohol withdrawal.

Once I knew how much the cost of the car repairs were going to be, I decided to have an auto parts guy pick it up but I need to find the title and I have no idea where it is. I spent most of the night looking through old stuff and found letters from Dad that were unkind to me to put it mildly. The 15th anniversary of his death is on Feb 20 and the last time I spoke to him was on Valentine's Day 2000 so that has been on my heart for a few weeks now too. And... wow I could go on because I had at least three more yucks in the process of finding the title (which I still have not accomplished). I really need positive thoughts coming my way in whatever form you choose to think them...

Sorry to dump but today has been so rough....

2. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Ugh. Burn the letters-who needs that kind of thing in their life as a constant reminder? The friend can handle himself for the moment. You need to take care of yourself. Feel better.

3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Molly.... prayers and good thought are with you- Also, if you need to talk, just give me a shout, you can vent away with me- God knows I have enough people in this community who listen to all my venting and give me a shoulder to cry on or lend a ear for me to feel better.....

I know sometimes looks, feels like the universe is agaisnt us..... just breath in...think about you- you can turn things around- if needed to shout, talk, we are here-
    huge huggzzz

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thinking about you. Please just worry about yourself, Javamonster is right -burn the letter -your friends sobriety is his problem and his alone. (help but do not make it your problem ). - Recent insurance papers any good ? should have you down as the owner.....
    Sending you good thoughts, and friendly wishes .

5. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

oh so sorry for you Molly. I know the life is often hard and we have the sentiment that the universe is against you.
    When i'm feeling like this, i take 5 minutes only for me. I put my MP3 reader.I'm going in my bed or in a small pieces where i could be ALONE. I'm concentrating on my breath, try to think NOTHING, just listening the voice of the singer (i choose always a clam sing).
    After, i don't know i'm feeling better but i'm feeling ready to act and try to find a solution...
    I'm sending you good vibes and hope you feel better soon
    Big hugs !!!!

6. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Molly thinking of you and sending positive wishes

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So sorry. That is a lot to deal with at once. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my goodness! You sure do have a lot on your mind and heart right now. Saying prayers for you to find peace and for solutions to each and every problem to present themselves to you.

9. mollyscraps

Thanks everyone. Today has been a bit better. Never found the title so I need to get a duplicate but I got my stuff out of the car. Letters have been burned! Forty-two seems a bit old to finally face my childhood, especially my Dad, and admit how things really were but I guess better late than never and I thank all of you from the innermost me there is for your support!

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh just a hug from me...may sunshine come into your life today!:heartslub

11. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Hoping tomorrow is even better. Stay strong, God loves you and cares; so do we.

12. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Oh gosh, such a tough times for you. I wish you lots of strenght and a great touch of luck!

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Sending you a virtual hug. Good for you for burning those letters.

14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hoping the days keep getting better! Hugs!

15. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Hugs! Hope you have an even better day tomorrow!

16. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Good for you for getting rid of the letters!!! You don't need reminders like that in your life! Hugs to you from me and my family!! I hope each day shines a little brighter!!

17. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Molly - I'm sending you positive thoughts and saying some prayers for you! Kudos for trashing the letters! I hope that is the first step to putting things right in your mind ... and finding peace! I will be saying some prayers for your friend too!

Wishing you a sunshine filled day!!

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i missed this yesterday molly. sorry you have so much negative on your plate right now. i'm also glad to hear you burned those letters. i hope the days gets a little easier for you ... you will be in my thoughts. and we are always hear if you need to vent/share/update. that's a lot to deal with hun!

19. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

I'm sorry. Sending your positive thoughts and hopes that things will continue to get easier!

20. mollyscraps

thank you some more... I haven't done much today other than order the duplicate title... I am quite run down but I don't feel as desperate as I did when I started the thread. You all are wonderful people!