How do you document the weather?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Aquaphobic Mermaid, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Aquaphobic Mermaid

Aquaphobic Mermaid New Member

I do a cover page for each month in which I have a little thermometer with the high and low temperatures recorded. This year, I want to change it up and have been scouring galleries looking for inspiration. However, I am having a hard time finding ways to document the weather for the month. How do you document the weather and do you have suggestions for how I can go about documenting a month's worth of weather onto one journal card? Thank you!

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Cute idea -- I know , with all of my 5 week expertise, I'll snap a weather pic, but didn't think about summarizing it. All I can think of is a journal card that summarizes __ sunny days (which would be few here) __ rainy days. I'll be watching for someone elses ideas

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

What about using a temperature graph? For an example, scroll down below the calendar on this page.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm not a solely pocket page scrapper, but I do a month in review page every month to capture misc. stuff that didn't make it into my regular pages. I often will do a screen capture on my iPhone from the weather app that shows the week forecast like on this page:

[​IMG]

5. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

That thermometer idea is cute! I also think the weather graph would be a neat idea too! I don't typically include a lot of weather stuff but if I do, a lot of the time it's a phone screen shot of the weather app. I think it would be fun to have a tally card or something like they do with little kids in school :)

6. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I use the InstaWeather app to snap a photo of say my house (since we are on the 4th or maybe 5th snowstorm in a week, and then overlay the weather on it. I just use the free version. I have a few pages in the gallery here and here if you want to see samples.

7. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

wow - one journal card for the month is a challenge, but i think i would make a chart. i use a screenshot of each sunday's weather (shows the next week's forecast) in my pl pages. our weather is pretty mild, so usually the weather cards just show up if the weather was crazy (we will be 29 tomorrow and 70 on sunday for example) or if it was a "slow news' week

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  8. neeceebee

neeceebee CT - Krista Sahlin

i just include the weather when it's something out of the ordinary - too cold - too hot. I just include a card in the week where it happened.

9. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Last year I did like Denise and captured out of the ordinary weather. This year I wanted to document a little bit more. This year I'm trying to add to my random capturing of the weather by taking a screen shot of the weather on my phone app. I know weather can change but that gives a good overview of what each week should have been like.

10. Aquaphobic Mermaid

Aquaphobic Mermaid New Member

[​IMG]
    Thank you for all the suggestions! This is what I decided to do. I am still using thermometers and recording the highest and lowest temperature for the month. On the calendar card, I am putting little weather icons to record each days weather.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Cool! I love the little thermometers! :)

12. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

cute Love the idea to record the weather of each day. I've nver thinking to made this (and for this year, it's too late) but i put the idea in the corner of my mind for the next year perhaps lol

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That is adorable!

14. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I too screen capture the weather shots on my phone and post them randomly throughout my pocket pages, as the mood strikes. It seems you have found the perfect fix. The thermometers are nice touch!