MOC discoveries...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dvhoward, Jan 30, 2015.

1. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

yes - me too! I didn't have nearly as many photos to choose from as last year. Gotta get my camera out more!

2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I learned my style is very eclectic, and I should just go with the flow. As soon as I think I'm addicted to AJ a simple page presents its idea in my head and I go with it and love it. I'm still not a great photographer, but I learned you can do a lot with a less than perfect photo.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love this thread. I learned that hockey season does not goes well with MOC. You can see my decline of pages at hockey time for practices and games.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am insane! but I knew that before MOC...bhahwhahaha

5. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

me too!
    I learned - or I confirmed, as I already knew that, that my passion is to AJ. I used a lot of M3 Mixed Media in my pages ^__^

6. MrsMessy

MrsMessy Hello, Newman ...

I love a white or kraft background. And scrap lifting does not take the fun out of scrapbooking

7. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I love paint, must have stitches, and have made puppet warp my new best friend - if you haven't tried it on confetti scatter, you REALLY should - game changer! :)

8. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

I have discovered that if I rush to get one done, I don't love it as much. I guess for me its worth it to spend the time to get it just right. I also discovered that I love to peruse the gallery. There are some gorgeous inspiration pieces there!

9. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

I found I was using a lot of blacks whites grays and pinks.....and b/w photos. Thus was my first moc and I loved it!!!

10. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

I have learned that I CAN DO clean and simple. This has always been a struggle as I love to cluster and use just about everything in a kit.

11. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Basically, I've confirmed my suspicions.
    I feel incomplete if my page doesn't have a border.
    My shadowing has gotten better 10 fold.
    I love vellum.
    Pocket scrapping is totally not for me.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

-Style wise, I'm all over the place. I like to do a little of everything... pockets, clean and simple, clustering... I'm eclectic! Which I already sort of knew.
    - The more I create, the more creative I feel! Towards the end when I had some catching up to do the pages were coming together more quickly and it was so fun!
    -I really enjoy scrapping with a challenge, I like having specific guidelines to motivate and challenge me.

13. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

I use white or light colors background a lot

14. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I have learned this: MOC is huge, addictive and you need lots of time for it.
    NExt year I will be free of any duties that month!!! I swear: no birthdayparties, no new year parties, no going away on a weekend...

Sigh, if only I could freeze time somehow...

15. asali

asali Mad for Marzipan

I have realized I´m not able to create a page without using the paint. I just love all kind of paints and splashes!

16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I also discovered I quiet like the pocket thing.... not sure if to go all the way to start the Project, but I enjoyed so much doing the challenge....thanks to Valorie for the pocket protector (Pockets Squared)...as that was what gave me the idea that I could do something that meant something to me...I'm gonna try with Mirjam's (Pink REptile Designs) Christmas Chalkabouts now to see if I can get something fun in that format....

17. crecia27

crecia27 Must.travel.

I realized I don't dislike clean & simple layouts as much as I thought! I still love a page full of pictures and elements, but I love how fast I can finish layouts that are more simple!

I also am so happy I was forced to use the puppet warp tool - I've used it so many times already!

18. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I relearned just how much I appreciate a good challenge! I kinda need the spark to get going sometimes-- just a little push/guide works!

19. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

That I would have absolutely no idea what products I owned, if the store didn't have that handy "already purchased" line! And I can't scrap a page without a template anymore!

20. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I've learned that I scrap with a LOT of neutral backgrounds, even when I try to break out of the box. Odd thing is, in everything else in life I'm so not afraid of colour (painting my house, clothes etc).

I've also discovered I wish I had puppet warp. That very issue keeps me from using strings and ribbons on my pages so much - unfortunately, I only have PSE.

I discovered that I can occasionally do a page without a template (but it works better with one!) and I love a good challenge.