What Program Do You Scrap With?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by Karen, Jan 15, 2015.

What Software do you use to scrapbook?

1. Photoshop CS2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Photoshop CS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Photoshop CS4

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Photoshop CS5

16 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. Photoshop CS6

15 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. Photoshop CC

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
  7. PSE 12

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. PSE 11

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. PSE 10

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. PSE 9

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. PSE 8

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  12. PSE (older than 8)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. DIP (digital image pro)

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. Paint Shop Pro

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  15. Scrapbook Factory Deluxe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Craft Artist

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  17. Scrapbook Max

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

2. naughtsncrosses

naughtsncrosses Active Member

I scrapped for many years using Lumapix FotoFusion, now PSCS4

3. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

WOW- I cannot imagine using more than one program. I mean I use Lightroom and CS6, but to go back and forth between anymore and I would go crazy! You guys that do that rock!

4. carrie

carrie I *heart* hearts!!

Really?!! I have to play with it!! Thanks for the tip!

5. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

I started way back with PSE6! :giggle I then upgraded to PSE 11... after about a year I got CS6 because I wanted to be able to have more control. I refuse to do a CC sub :thumbsdowns though in a few years I'm going to probably be wishing for a new stand-alone PS version :hissy The biggest factor was that I could get the student/teacher discount! :woot

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I use PSE 11, but after the MOC Day 15, Puppet Warp Challenge I am seriously thinking about the Cloud version of PS. I'm wondering if $10 is really the monthly cost and will it stay that indefinitely. Is the cc version the same as CS6? I'm thinking of dropping my yearly, unlimited yoga membership ($699) since I don't go but MAYBE once a week and putting the money towards PS. How much is the stand alone program anyway?

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Diane, Adobe have said it is not a special/introductory price and they have no plans to raise it, but they do not promise it will stay that price forever. CC has been updated since CS6. I think it started out the same(?) but it's not anymore. I actually like the subscription model and that I always have the latest update.

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Like Vivi {aka Nemla} I use Craft Artist by Serif - I do have a PSE (ancient 6) but so many things don't work.... I gave up-
    Back when I started CTing, in 2009, I had a CT colleague get in Skype to guide me through.... many times, I ended up frustrating, crying as I couldn't manage.... the main problem on CA is the template thing, but I even manage to do them providing the designer gives PNG files- it takes me a LONG time, but is fun... (meaning I don't use the template to save time)
    I used to edit photography in PSE , but my filter gallery stopped working...I should really buy a new PSE....but still, I LOVE CA- why change, right?

9. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

For the same reason I use PSE11 and CS5. Use CS primarily for shadows and other tweaks that can't be done in PSE. You aren't alone Nancy

10. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I feel like I cheat. I use Heritage Makers to assemble pages -- which is like many of the other photobook printing places only you can do it totally freestyle. But I use Paintshop to alter elements or do some of the fun things I've been learning to do during the challenge. I started to get photoshop but it was too different and I didn't have a good group of people to go to for help.

11. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Now you do! :)

Not that you need to change if you are happy with what you have, but lots of us love to answer questions if you do make the jump!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so surprised by how many CC users there are! I sure wish I had known about PSE 13, because I think that would be the only one to catch up to CC users. :)

13. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I started with Paint Shop Pro, but chaged to CS5 after a year or so.
    Would never change back!

14. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Thanks Lorry. I would like to make the jump so sometimes soon (although there is this thing called school in my way)

15. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

16. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

PSE 6 in the house! I don't even have layer masks....

17. RHERR308

RHERR308 New Member

CS 5 and 6 both have something called mini bridge. Go to the window menu and select it. Just like any other floating toolbar you can hold and drag it into position. Drag it down to the bottom of the window similar to where photo bin on PSE shows up. But any position you choose is fine. When you to open mini bridge it allows you to find your digital stash just as if you are looking through windows explorer or Mac finder without leaving Photoshop. The as normal select your paper or element or whatever then drag up to place it on your page as normal. Sadly mini bridge has been discontinued for the latest CC subscription service. But for older version still works.

18. Lori

Lori New Member

I don't see the 'other' option, and what I use is not listed. I use Artisan and LOVE it; it is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

19. krizo

krizo Well-Known Member

I scrap with GIMP, free and powerful !