Pad Patter: 12/19 - Blinky or not?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

How do you like your Christmas lights?

I've always preferred mine NOT blinky. But my new tree came with some flashing ones, and I don't mind it. The whole tree doesn't blink, just some of them. I was going to change it, but it is growing on me. After all these years, I CAN change. :giggle

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our Christmas tree lights don't blink, but we have those hanging icicle lights along our gutters of our house outside and those are twinkly... at my hubby's request. I like those.

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

the lights on the tree do not blink ... except one tiny area ... i think it is malfunctioning & it is driving me crazy!!! especially when i am trying to get a photo of the kids in front of the tree, that little area seems to want to go dull whenever i click the shutter. grrr.

4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

5. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I am a no blinking person as well.

I used to have some lights that had 8 different settings on them and my favourite was called 'twinkling', they used to slowly fade all at different times and the tree looked like it was twinkling....hard to explain but it looked really pretty as the tree was always lit.

6. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

No blinking for me! It's distracting. AND a cat magnet ;)

7. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

OMG - blinky drives me crazy, but my kids feel like it needs to blink - something about DISCO Christmas - I have no idea- so ours switches back and forth (it has a control) depending on who is in the living room!

8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I prefer to call it twinkling. I hate it when the whole tree blinks on an off like a flashing sign, but I mix one or two strings of twinkle lights with the regular ones and the tree twinkles. I like it.

9. Angie4b1g

Hopefully this works. I've never used Vine and I also haven't had coffee. Hopefully it's dark enough you can't tell how messy my house is. :giggle

https://vine.co/v/OXmlvJY7HTD

10. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I grew up with a mix of blinks and static and I liked it. They were also colorful. Now we have only white, static lights. I like that too. I guess I'm not picky.

11. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

That is lovely, Angie. I grew up with all white, non-blinky, artificial tree. Now we have white mixed with colored and real tree... but can't quite get to the blinky. It's a process.

12. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

no blinking, it drives me crazy!!!

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

we've had all types of trees over the years. when i was younger we had mostly the colored, blinking lights. we phased though real trees & artificial trees ... you name it. i feel well rounded in my christmas tree evolution. :) my Dad even went through a phase where he could not stand to have a gorgeous tree cut down and thrown away ... so he'd buy a real tree with the ball of roots and then plant it in the yard as soon as the ground was no longer frozen. those trees took some getting used to bc they had that big ball of root at the bottom ... making them heavy to lift, more expensive to buy and thus really REALLY small trees. i appreciated his efforts later in life, but back then i was like "WHHHHHYYYYY????"

14. Angie4b1g

OMG lol picturing this big ball of dirt in the house

15. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I'm not picky neither, but given the chance, I take some that don't twinkle.

16. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Love your tree thought, it's not bothering at all!

17. judet

judet Active Member

My kids worked out how to change the flash pattern this evening. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!

And breathe ...

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I love lights, LOVE THEM... but I married the Grinch and this year he would not bestir himself to hang them for me .... so no blinking for us this year! but the tree is up and I have blinkies on the tree :D

19. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

No blinking for me either ... it makes me dizzy!