Winter Weather

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bderby, Nov 15, 2014.

1. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Well, after feeling like fall was never going to arrive--i.e. experiencing 90+ degree weather on October 25. This last week, winter decided to arrive. On Monday, it was almost 80 and Tuesday the high was something like 45 and the rest of the week has been in the 30s. Tomorrow, they are predicting 1-3 inches of snow!

We were supposed to have been in a soccer tournament this weekend, but it was cancelled thankfully. We had 8 AM games scheduled both days and while we will miss the fun of the tournament, I was so happy to be still sleeping peacefully at 8 AM this morning.

Anyone else having crazy winter weather already? I saw someone post a picture of some beautiful snow.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can't blame you for being happy to sleep in! I just slept in today and it felt wonderful!!!!!

Our highs have been in the low 30s which is not nice at all. When you reach your high of 32 by 9 am, everything else is downhill!

3. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Yep, crazy weather for Atlanta. Tuesday was in the 70's and today the high is 49. Today was our school fall festival and I was afraid the cold weather would keep people away, but thankfully it was bright and sunny so it didn't feel too bad.

4. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Snow here in West Michigan...I wouldn't call it beautiful though! :) I'm a scrooge when it comes to snow. I noticed today that now that it has stopped snowing and the snow lays soft on the ground it is getting covered with our fall leaves that are just now deciding to fall. It is also kinda comical to see the dead corn stalks still standing tall yet. Our high this week will be 32 degrees...nope too early for that I think. :(

5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

We are having crazy Summer weather here! 80 year old temperature records were being broken all around Queensland this weekend with it predicted to be hotter today. I will be hiding out in my air-conditioning today :D. Enjoy your cold :D

6. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Was 33 here today, had a few flakes and a little flurry action Thursday but nothing sticking on the ground. I think winter is on it's way.

7. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

YES! We had our first snow last Thursday! It was mostly lake-effect, so we only got 2-3 inches. South Bend got upwards of 10", though! Crazy!

8. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Oh wow! That is crazy weather, Becky!
    We got some flakes and a dusting of snow this week, but none of the white stuff stuck around. It's been quite cold too. I like snow, but I am hoping we don't get much until well into December because my parents will be here in about a week and they don't like the cold that much..

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It is snowing here as I type. We are supposed to get between 2 and 4 inches. SIGH.

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We've had an easy fall but winter has arrived and isn't going anywhere. We have snow on the ground and the daytime temperature is hovering around -8C or so. Pretty normal for this time of year.

11. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

It's still very warm for the time of year here in the NL, last year we hadn't had a winter at all, no freezing nights or snow, so hoping this year will be a winter!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We've had snow and really cold temps too. I'm between Amanda and Kristin. I am SUPER happy that I don't live in South Bend as of last week. They got nailed and had tons of crazy accidents. People always forget how to drive in the snow over the summer it seems. But, I bought new warm boots, so I'm okay with snow I guess. :)

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

here in NY we saw our first wet snow Thursday night into Friday morning. but it is pretty much gone now. we had highs in the 60s earlier that week and then the cold set in ... temps in the 30's all this week, so it looks like Winter is moving in and unpacking here. belch.

14. jaye

it snowed last night :( of course it decided to start as we were leaving for my son's hockey game which was an hour away from home. Thankfully roads just wet and I was able to do the speed limit :)

Still snowing when we left and salt trucks were out, temp dipped below freezing. Woke up this morning to about an inch on the ground. Looks pretty but I am not ready for winter yet.

15. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We had our first snow last night and first sleet the night before that...thank goodness not enough of either to make any sort of impact. I agree..so not ready for winter.

16. jaye

Ugh! It was in the minus this morning :hissy. Thank goodness for heated seats in the car.

17. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

We were at 10*F with a real feel of -7*F this morning. I was REEEEEEALLY hoping for a school delay but no such luck. Boo. :)

18. carrottop

carrottop Member

Ugh...we were having the most gorgeous fall...September and October were glorious months, and the beginning of this one was gorgeous with the turning leaves and only a slight chill in the air. We generally get snow shortly after Thanksgiving, but the cold and snow pounded us last Thursday and Friday, and we even had a snow day! Those are not typical for us in November. I feel like I got cheated out of the beautiful Fall weather I was counting on through the end of the month. We are supposed to get more snow again in a couple of days...blah! And we are an area that doesn't usually get a lot of snow these days.

19. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Not too much snow but omg is it cold. 50 this weekend though, whew!

20. jaye

23F with a feels like temp of 7F right now. Saturday through Sunday we are supposed to be in the 40's which will feel so warm after these last few days, lol.