Pad Patter: long or short?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 6, 2014.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I have acrylics. They start out medium but are pretty long by the time I get them filled 3 weeks later. No color though. I do French manicure

2. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Short stubby fingers & nails to match. They're too think & brittle as well so I rarely paint them.

3. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

My nails grow nicely, but I can't keep the paint from chipping, so I never paint. I do get pedicures though. :)

4. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I never paint my fingernails. I hate the smell of the polish, and can't stand the way polish feels on my fingernails-- like they are weighted down or something. They don't grow very long anyway, so it is no big loss.
    I have to keep my toenails painted though-- go for pedicures as often as possible to keep them looking nice.

5. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

This is me. Cannot stand nail polish on my fingers. They feel smothered and icky. EEK! I will tolerate acrylic nails for a short time, but polish is out. :sniff My toes stay painted and it doesn't bother me a bit. Go figure.

6. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

My nails are usually medium to long. They grow very quickly and are pretty strong. I almost always have polish on them, too. I am kind of addicted to nail polish. I have a whole rack in the bathroom, like you would see at a nail salon, full of polish. Drives DH crazy when I buy new polish because he can't fathom how there could be a color that I don't already have!

7. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Can't stand nail polish on my fingernails. The feel and colors are distracting, and I keep them short because a) they're brittle and chip/crack easily and b) I used to be a nail biter, and the only way to keep me from them was to have them clipped short all the time.

My daughter, however? Loves getting her nails done. She finally had to stop getting acrylics because her nails got too thin. I'm sure once they grow out, she'll be back at it.

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Could of written this word for word. I actually cant remember the last time they were painted tbh.

9. judet

judet Active Member

I was a biter throughout my childhood, managed to stop now but I do tend to break them reasonably often... I like to paint them, I try to keep them all the same length-ish, just a little longer than the ends of my fingers otherwise they're a nuisance! I've got dark blue-turquoise on them at the moment which I like.

I had gel nails done earlier this year, obviously didn't agree with my nails as they've been crazy brittle, thin and stained ever since. The rubbish bit has *finally* grown out now so they're actually beyond the end of the fingers without bending, yay! Won't be doing that again - but I wish I was better at painting them, I always make such a mess!