Podcasts

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Nov 4, 2014.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

So I told my husband the other night... I am starting to feel old because I'm really *into* podcasts lately. :giggle Aside from the digi/scrap podcasts, I've been branching out and finding new things.

In particular, I'm hooked on Serial... which is a new ongoing story where the reporter is looking into a murder of a girl that happened in 1999. The girl's ex-boyfriend was convicted, but it was sort of flimsy evidence. You aren't sure whether to believe he did it or not. Anyway, they are up to episode six, and I just can't get enough.

I even watched a two-day seminar on Creative Live about creating story-filled podcasts. It really seems sort of natural to me (as a scrapper)... listening to/preserving stories.

Do you listen to podcasts (other than scrapping ones)? Which ones?

2. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

*giggle* i love that being into podcasts makes you OLD! :P

when i'm prepping for a Disney trip, I get into the Disney podcasts... other than that... not much of a podcaster.

ps. that murder one skeers me!

3. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Ha ha ha!! I was totally going to recommend Serial to you!

We also like Stuff You Should Know and all the similar ones.

Oh and This American Life.

4. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

I love Serial! I didn't realize listening to podcasts makes you old but I'm old so whatever LOL I listen to Nerdist the most often but there are several that I listen to regularly.

5. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Have just started listening to Serial - totally addictive!!

6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

It doesn't really mean you are old. I just feel old lately, and podcasts sort of remind me of the olden days when people sat around and listened to radio shows. So that's why I think I feel like my grandma. :)

I'll have to check out some of the others. :) I didn't even know there were Disney podcasts. :)

7. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of a podcast like Serial. I want to check that out.

The one podcast I listen to faithfully every week is NPR's I Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Covers news topics with a panel of comedians, writers, etc. Pretty funny. It's my favorite.

The Disney ones I listen to usually are Inside the Magic, WDW Today, and Window to the Magic, which has audio for Disney World and Disneyland.

8. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

Three days until new Serial!!! I'm so excited and can barely wait!

9. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I love Serial, too. Based on that I had a few people recommend The Moth podcasts (live unscripted storytelling) and Criminal (short odd crime-related) so I listen to those now, too. They're both short, so they're handy for running errands. I also received 99% Invisible and Radiolab as recommendations, but I haven't had a chance to listen to either of those yet.

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

yes!!!!!!!!!!
    I also listen to books on mp3-I am listening and crying to Uncle Tom's Cabin now FRee thru Librovox

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  11. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I have an addiction to podcasts. So much that I have more than 2gb on my phone at the moment. I need help!
    hahaha

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

No podcasts for me, I wouldn't even know how to get one? Do you see them or listen to them?

13. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You listen to them, although there are video ones too, called vodcasts. They're like radio shows that you download and listen to whenever you want.

14. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I regularly listen to Fresh Air and Radio West (npr shows) in podcast form. I have a religious one I really like, as well as the Digiscrap Geek podcast. I also listen to This American Life and RadioLab from time to time. I've been hearing so much about Serial, I really need to start listening!