Tell me what you are reading

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by karen perry, May 4, 2014.

1. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I finished Maybe Someday, which I LOVED and started AND finished Finding Cinderella today. Another book that I loved to read!!!!

Having a sick boy has it's pros and cons....he is sick, BUT I get lots of reading done while we are cuddling!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

3. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I'm reading The Bane by Kreary Taylor, it's awesome!

4. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm reading edge of eternity by ken follett. next up blood of olympus by rick riordan.

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I just finished this series too - i'm thinking my 9 y.o. could read it too - she's book crazy - maybe not the Kill Order prequel yet (i'm not finished it yet) but i agree with you - my brother apparently read it and said it was slow and boring and he didn't bother with anything past book 1 but i thought they were pretty great

6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I started " Die with me " by Elena Forbes, not to sure about it yet.
    On my kindle I was reading" Footprints of a dancer " by Bob Avey , , But gave up on it

7. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

I'm inbetween books and need to find something to read that's already on my kindle as I'm on vacation

8. lizj

lizj Active Member

I am just finishing Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. This one would make a good trip book! I loved it.

9. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Bart recommends...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

I kissed a frog!

11. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I just finished Big Little Lies. Read it in a day. Was hooked.

Now I'm reading Cartwheel.

13. debbysrose

debbysrose Member

I got myself addicted to Game of Thrones and want to read all 5 books before I start watching. About 100 pages into book 5. I have Gone Girl and Outlander sitting in the queue. Will definitely be checking out some of the titles here.

14. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

I'm about two pages into Maze Runner. I never have time to read until summer. But I'm trying!

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Patrick Gale's Notes from an exhibition . Not my usual style of book, but I really like it, It is a novel about an Artist and her life, and the ones she leaves behind , both as a mourning family at her death, but also as "victims " of her mental illness , sounds grimm, but it is really well written, and I am enjoying reading it very much.

16. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

I just finished Land of Love and Drowning earlier this week and it was wonderful! I also read a book that's coming next year that I think was GREAT and I recommend you put this on your TBR for when it comes out - Above Us Only Sky by Michele Young Stone. It is wonderful!

I'm currently reading The Children's Act which I'm liking but not loving. I have a love/hate relationship with Ian McEwan and I'm worried this one isn't going to be a love. I'm hoping it will improve because I love the premise. Something in the execution isn't working for me! But, we'll see!

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ATM I'm enjoying Mr Penumbra's 24hr Bookstore by Robin Sloane - it's got some mystery and geeky type romance; and they talk about fonts and stuff and it's just wonderful and intriguing. Last week I read Landline by Rainbow Rowell and it was cute and beautiful with lots of fun 80's pop culture references too. They're the best standalones i've taken on recently - i get worn out on series; after The Giver and Maze Runner Series' I just wanted something that i wouldn't feel was gonna suck up the next 2 months of my life. I did start After I'm Gone by Laura Lipman and it's been given good reviews but it wasn't for me - i don't give up often but meh, it felt like i was wasting my time

18. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I've been reading Fat Vampire. It's one of those serials that Amazon produces these days, and it's pretty funny. I bought the first four books when they were on sale a while ago, and finally got around to starting it.

19. debbysrose

debbysrose Member

I just finished my first audiobook now that I am not on a vanpool anymore got to keep myself company on the long drive. I followed a recommendation above and read On Dublin Street by Samantha Young. Very steamy! I must say listening to a sexy novel being read to you is entirely different than reading it yourself! I did really like the love story in the book.