mojo has flown the coop

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by theAndrea, Sep 3, 2014.

1. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I've tried to scrap for days and it's not working. I've tried templates, I've tried to scraplift.. I've tried doing a page before I choose pictures, I've tried choosing pictures and then starting my page.

I'm lost... what helps you when your mojo flies away?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I usually go thru the gallery, here or a paper gallery.
    I go to the 14 day option under the front few rows on the HOME page of the gallery.
    I right click a few that I love....leave some love...and usually will scraplift a page...it starts off as an exact duplicate, but I begin morphing it into another page.
    I love to challenge myself, I really struggle with minimal pages, so I go and find a few ladies that rock that and try and make one.
    There are a few ladies I can go to their gallery and am instantly mojo'd! lol
    I love to try and lift a paper page, to get the feel and shadows they make...and this month's Lift challenge is exactly that HERE.

3. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

My friend Ru constantly send me links to Pinterest for ideas .. and I visit Studio Calico gallery a lot just to get inspiration (as I am crazy about making my digital pages looking like paper scrapping)

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If you tried all those things already... maybe just give yourself permission to take a break. I always go through a phase like this at the end of summer. Things are just busy and I don't feel like sitting inside at the computer when it's my last bit of nice weather to play outside with my family. I always worry that my mojo will never come back, but it always does and usually I feel even more creative after the small break. :)

I hope you find something that works for you!

5. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Karen took the words right out of my mouth. When I find myself in your spot I have found that it usually means I need a little break. I find that if I will just allow myself to take that break then I come back refreshed and full of ideas. It usually happens to me twice a year.

6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I agree with Karen & Amanda. Sometimes you have to listen to your heart/body. Maybe it's time to relax in a park or something. The pictures and supplies will still be there when you're ready.

7. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

thanks ladies, those are good ideas. I'll see what works.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Good Luck! The break usually works for me... but one other thought.

Ask a friend or post that you need a picture... pick one that most inspires you and scrap it. Maybe a different face, subject and idea will come from that pic!

9. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Looking through galleries usually makes it worse for me. The thing I've found to be the best for me is to go through my own albums. It helps me remember why I do it and what I love about it. It seems to reconnect me to my stories and helps me pinpoint something I want or need to scrap about! Good luck!

10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Or make a new siggie or an Art Journal page where there is no picture involved. Even a card for an upcoming special occasion. Something totally different can get me excited again. But usually I go read a book and just chill for a while.

11. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

What I do, is going through my stash, organize them and my photos...
    And while I am doing this, ideas come up and I am back on trail!

Hope you will find a bonkers mojo! :woot