Look what visssssssted us last night!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Justagirl, Aug 30, 2014.

1. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

I LOVE snakes, spider and all other creepy crawlies. I LOVE the one that Anne is holding. Bull snakes are so cool.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I would probably just sell my house if I found a snake inside.

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i would have died. hate snakes. i have such a huge fear of them. we do have one living near the pool ... it hangs out in, around and near the outdoor deck box, so i avoid that area like the plague. anne i cannot believe you hold that thing like it's a pet kitty. gah!!!!

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

oh my gosh girl, you are brave. I would have freaked out and ran screaming!

Anne, you are a crazy girl!!!

Hubby spent a year in Australia and he said he looked under the seat before everytime he sat down on the toilet!!!

We have lots of furry critters *outside* here. I'm not afraid of any of them. we feed the chipmunks by hand and we once had a family of skunks visiting :)

check out my gallery, I've done layouts of our chipmunks and squirrels. and I'll have to find those skunk photos and do a page on those as well :)

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I trust that the skunks didn't spray, did they? That would have gross...

6. HeatherB

*shudder*

When I was much younger, I heard that there are about 200 different things that you have in abundance in Australia that are poisonous and the kids have to learn to identify them all...is that true?

7. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Ack Emma! That would freak me out!

My oldest son has a friend with snakes. And the family is constantly talking them up and encouraging friends to take some - I guess they reproduce like crazy? I have had to say no several times. One of the snakes is currently in my youngest son's classroom as a class pet.

One of my other friends took in two snakes from this family and one disappeared a few days later. I would not sleep if that happened in my house. I'd have to have the entire house cleaned out. <shudder>

8. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

[​IMG]

THIS SCARES ME TO DEAD!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  9. HeatherB

I would have my entire house cleaned out too. And I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was found. Just thinking about a snake slithering over my body at night in the dark...*shudder*

10. HeatherB

Li Li -- yuck! You just topped the snake photos x 1000. Some of those rats are larger than a small dog. Luckily we live in a rat free province -- there are even border patrols that watch for and kill any rats attempting to come into the province.

11. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

they were itty bitty babies and they were playing like kittens lol. so cute. they lifted their tails a few times, but I just sat quietly in the grass with my camera and they ignored me :)

12. renee82

renee82 renee82

GAH!!!! I HATE snakes! Yikes!

13. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Ack! This is the creepiest thread ever, my skin is crawling!

14. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i will not open this post again.
    ack!

15. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

I think we might need to revisit this conversation in about a month and a half-- when its perfectly acceptable to scare the heebies out of the general population. :) Em, I'm so glad you were so brave!

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

You were very brave to even get the photo Em, let alone chase it out of the house! We saw more little snakes in our backyard in Brissie than I have seen anywhere else in my travels although we did have some nice big brown ones living under our house on the farm when I was growing up (very venomous). I'm afraid my Mum was quite ruthless when she saw one on the road, a few reverses over it did the job, but when they came in the house, she would jump on the nearest bench and wait for dad (as I would in that situation!)

I see the occasional snake on my bike rides around the lake. I think I must look quite ridiculous as I hop off my bike from about 50m away and yell at it to just leave, doesn't work too well and they don't go until another bike goes past...

Anne, you are my new hero cuddling that snake!

and don't get me started on spiders - so many in the house and red backs in the shed and compost and everywhere dark - terrifying. My worst spider experience was in Vietnam where I had just finished going to the toilet, went to flush and realised the biggest spider I had ever seen had squashed itself under the rim and was now emerging - OMG is all I will say - it amused the rest of the family though...

17. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

I was thinking a similar thing. I wonder if it has to do with where we grew up? My sister always had pet snakes, lizards, tarantulas, rodents of all sorts. I guess I am used to them.

I don't mind snakes as long as they are not aggressive. Spiders don't bug me either, but I don't like cockroaches, they gross me out. But then we have so many little 'friendlies' that we would have to leave the country if i had any major issues with them.

18. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

LiLi - I lived in Burma for 10 years and we had a rat infestation during that time. Now that grossed me out. There were literally so many rats in the orchards that the ground crawled. I still shudder at the memory. Creepies in large numbers are a bit much for me!

19. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Em I am totally moving ... that is only a few suburbs north of where I live .... burning down the house would not be enough to get rid of that thing!

Heather I don't know about learning the names of all the venomous creepy crawlies in Australia, heaven alone knows there are too many of them to remember, I have enough trouble remembering my own name some days! Google images is my friend when it comes to identifying things that crawl. We found a large furry brown spider under a rock in my front yard while weeding last year, it ran over my hand (I had gardening gloves on thank heavens!) and after Googling it we found out it was a Mouse Spider and they are very venomous although they don't bite many people ... I nearly fainted retrospectively!

[​IMG]

KarenW oh my!! That happened to me in my downstairs loo! I had to visit it because the upstairs one was in use and I was desperate! After finishing I went to flush only to see legs appearing where my butt had been seconds earlier ... needless to say that giant huntsman got the flushing of his life!! And I probably defended him with all the screaming!