Week 3 | Challenge 5: Use color/texture to reflect the mood of the page

Discussion in 'We Are Storytellers' started by Dalis, Aug 3, 2014.

1. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

ok this is my layout
    This is the story of our mainly sunday afternoon.

when the weather is nice, after naps and a small snacks, we take the stroller or backpack and we're off to see cows on the other side of the village. My daughter loves to call after them and give them grass. So I use brown to represent the calm of this nature hike.
    The touch of yellow is here to represent our happiness to do this walk. And the touch of red represents the my love feeling when i'm seeing my daughter smiling when a cow eats grass that she tends lol this is too cute!!!
    [​IMG]

2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

[​IMG]

i used wood texture like floor for the backround paper and some embellies and brown papers that reflect what a calm and happy baby he is

the green and blue also say calm so i guess they all work together. blue also says balance and here he is just beginning to sit so i guess that is balance

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

This is a great challenge! I used yellow on my page for happiness, blue for balance, and pink for love.

[​IMG]

4. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Having an unfinished auditorium at our high school sucks in a lot of ways, but it does make for the perfect atmosphere for band concerts, especially jazz band concerts. It is very dark and intimate, which helps you focus on the music. I've always loved the bare bulbs hanging from the rafters that make it feel like you really might be in a night club.
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=157713&title=the-littlest-one&cat=981

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  5. tawyn

tawyn New Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  6. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Here's mine. a page comparing/contrasting my daughter and me. I kept it very neutral to convey that it is a serious or reflective topic. Now that I see it posted though, I might should have used some pops of color…hmmm. anyway, my take on the challenge.

[​IMG]

7. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

I decided to pull out the grungy textures that are so "Halloween" to me. Even though the Disney World Haunted Mansion ride doesn't normally make me feel "spooky and decrepit", the Halloween Party lights/extras kind of push it more towards that feel to me...

[​IMG]

8. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I can understand!! My youngest boy is also completely yellow and for me everything yellow (even the sun) is associated to him!

9. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I loved this challenge when I first saw it!!!
    And as I went through my pictures and saw my precious boy as he is, I knew I needed to scrap this one and no other. A pure page, showing my lovely vibrant boy as he is: open, sweet, caring. He is always hisself, whether if it's enjoyable for others or not. He is my little sunshine.
    So, my goal with this page and the neutral colors of white and beige is to show his pureness and softness and the love I feel for him!

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

This challenge really made me scrap a page I never would have done otherwise and I really really love it!

10. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

I was sure I had uploaded this days ago..so here goes again.
    I chose Black and Whites mainly to express my current feelings: Alone,Frustrated & Stressed,
    [​IMG]

11. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

Sometimes it's hard to reflect just one mood or feeling on a PL spread but these two weeks have been very calm and relaxing for our family. Vacation is over, it's super hot outside- everyone is a bit worn out and ready to relax before the busy new school year. LBW Everyday kit was the perfect colors for my spread- the light pick and peach and mint green were so soft and calming to me. Changing some of my photos to black and white also helped create a feeling of calm. I had to embrace this challenge because I know the peaceful calm won't last and we'll be back to our usual chaos! Thanks for another great challenge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I'm always running the length... LOL
    [​IMG]

13. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Wanted to document a new mystery series I found and thought I'd like to use type elements to create texture. Not sure if I got way too much on the page. Oh well. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

14. scrappingramma

scrappingramma flower power

15. AnaFlor

AnaFlor Member

My page - challenge 5
    [​IMG]

16. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I think orange like that wig in the bg helps show how mad this whole party was...
    [​IMG]

17. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

The story behind this page is explained in the gallery.

[​IMG]

18. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Here is mine. When I saw this photo I new that I had to use the color and texture to tell the story of how messy and fun painting with my little artist is - he is my artsy companion.

[​IMG]

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

thanks for the challenge - i went with texture and blended a cobblestone paper from PRD Downtown with a LM Firm Foundation paper to keep the border and design but add texture
    [​IMG]

20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

This is my DD (her point of view) and GD. I used green and orange to express the serenity and happiness of being together for this celebration.
    [​IMG]