Are you new or new-ish? Delurk here!

Discussion in 'We Are Storytellers' started by lmccandless, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Arumrose

Arumrose Filling up my passport!

Welcome to the newbies who join us for some fun challenges!

I'm Cécile, married since 10 years to my sweet husband. We have two children : one girl and one boy.
    I just love scrapbooking and scrap since 2007. Otherwise I love photography, reading...

2. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I guess I'm new-ish {ish}. Hi all, My name is Johanna. I go by grrfluudy on most scrap forums. Or lately, Amura Vomerine (it supposedly means 'frogs teeth'. It makes me giggle.) The 'Pad is my home. There's something about that frog... *sigh* :heartlub I started scrapbooking in 2004 - then switched to digi in 2010. I have been doing mostly challenges and art journally style pages for the past year or so. I love making arty and crafty things! I don't scrap in scrapbook albums off the computer, but I do memory layouts in my art journals. I also collage and draw and letter quotes in them. I am addicted to: Pinterest, The TV show Supernatural, reading, books (the real ones), my Kindle Fire (I play games, listen to music & read), NETFLIX - esp. cheesy horror movies, weird sci-fi movies and weird documentaries & underrated TV shows-, Art Supplies, Digi & Scrapbook supplies, thrift store shopping (especially our local artist's thrift store) and exclamation points!! It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to write a short post!!! Nice to meet you all!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Melanie - I'm pretty sure you are not the oldest one here :) I bet I'm older than you!

I'm not new....but I guess I'm new-ish since I've only been digi scrapping for a couple of years and really hard core for the last year or so. After a shoulder injury (which now is 100% healed) I couldn't paper scrap for months so gave digi a try and it didn't really grab me (imagine that!). Then I tried it again after a lull of a few yrs and fell in love with digi so much that I gave up my paper scrapping. I'm on the west coast of BC (suburb of Vancouver) and it's myself, my hubs and our super cute pup, Taz. My kids are grown and married; we've got 4 grandkids. I work at home as a computer typist and am a wedding/portrait photographer. I love macro, landscape and food photography.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am so happy and excited to see some newbies and some de-lurkers and some ladies that are making TLP their home!

WELCOME!:goldstars

5. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

So excited to see so many de-lurking!

6. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

Love this thread! I am Jennifer, I live in NYC with my husband, we have a 9 year old girl, 2 year old boy and another boy due on Thanksgiving. I work full time for a health insurance company in NYC. I love to travel and read (romance). I love books I go to places to meet the authors! I also love hockey (go Rangers) and Rugby. I played rugby in college and my husband still plays.

I started paper scrapping in 2000 with Creative Memories...looking back at those layouts makes me cringe sometimes! I went all digital in 2010 when I couldn't keep getting my stuff out to scrapbook because of the kids and time. Digital is just so much more freeing...if I have a few minutes I can do some work.

I think the hardest thing about finding a site and forum is opening up and joining in. It's not easy to do. I lurk in most places...

7. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member

Oh may I be the youngest one here?:thumbsups

I'm 26, comes from Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam (Actually I do not see much Asian girls here, so I'm a little bit speacial huh?:flirty)

I've just married in May 2014 to my college friend, who will soon come to US to study MBA. No kids, so sometimes I use pictures of one of my best friend's daughter for scrapping :giggle

I first heard about scrap is about 2011 when I was a student. A craft shop near my house sell some beautiful patterned paper, and I asked, and the shop owner explained that they were in a scrap kit imported from US with a too high price for a student like me. So I forgot it, and then a long time later, by chance thinking about it and googled and found digital scrap. And I totally love it. Seems like at last, I found a hobby:beat I love the fun of playing with papers and elements (I'm a easy-to-change and always-want-to-change-something-when-look-again person so I feel hybrid scrapping not for me:dizzy) I also start my Etsy shop and think about learn more about design ^^

Love to be here with fabulous girls around the world :X

8. debbysrose

debbysrose Member

I joined and waved hi back in May during iNSD but have not had much time to get involved(mmmm other than buying stuff in the store and leaving comments in the gallery!). I have been getting inspiration from the gallery. I have been looking for a digital home since my home site closed last year. I love the friendliness here and hope to jump into so of the Storyteller challenges. I have been scrapping since 2010, my oldest daughter gave me a PSE lesson and I took off from there. My style and skill is still evolving. Besides the digital photos I have taken since the late 90's (DH and I were early adopters of techy stuff!) we have scanned most of our old photos, negatives slides, hundreds of my parents photos and negatives and some of my grandparents photos as well, so I have more photos than I will ever have time to scrap, many of which, I do not know the story behind. My absolute favorite scrapping subjects are my 4 grandchildren and photos of my daughters when they were little.
    I am excited to start getting involved here and getting to know everyone.

9. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hi everyone! I'm Lori. :) I live in Connecticut with my husband and 4 children (ages 14, 12, 9, and almost 6). I'm originally from Ohio but have lived in Connecticut for 17 years. I'm a stay at home mom and am trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life when my youngest goes to kindergarten next month...I never expected to be a sahm this long and now don't really want to try and reenter the work force, lol!

I've always been involved in crafting since I was a child and still love all arts and crafts. I have way too many half finished projects around my house! I started paper scrapping when my first son was born and still play around with paper scrapping whenever I have some time alone (too hard to have all of those supplies out with children - they are a kid magnet!). I also am in my 2nd year of project life paper style and still love that entire project. I started digi scrapping a few years ago and now that is my primary form of scrapping. I love documenting the stories and moments of my family with the convenience of my computer and no clean up after I'm done for the night. :)

10. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Welcome to all the new faces joining in! I'm Stacy, from right outside Orlando, FL. I've been scrapping since my daughter was about 9 or so and she just turned 23. She's in grad school studying neuroscience/bio-medical and my son will start his junior year of college studying psychology. I've been divorced for a LONG time, have 1 dog and 2 cats. I'm a CPA/tax accountant during the day and scrap evenings and weekends. I also love to read, pretty much any kind of fiction, mystery, romance etc. I'm doing a lot of pocket scrapping these days both in my weekly spreads and just as a fun way to document my life, my kids lives and scrapping photos of my parents and grandparents.

I look forward to seeing everyone's pages in the gallery. We're so glad you're here!

11. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm not exactly new, but I'm trying to learn how to de-lurk. I'm just not much of social butterfly.

Getting ready to embark on a 300 mile 3 day bicycle tour to raise money for Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan. I'm also a Wish Granting Volunteer - that means I get to interview the kids and their families to find out their one true wish... then I get to make the waiting fun. Depending on the wish I might also be able to get more involved with the planning and execution of the wish... most of the kids I've interviewed so far are travel wishes. So send-off parties and welcome-home parties are the norm. :)

I leave tomorrow night for my 3 day bicycling adventure. We're staying the night the eve of departure down by the start (so we don't have to get up so darned early). Thursday is a travel day. Friday we begin the pedaling. We'll travel from Traverse City, Michigan to Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Michigan in 3 days. We get to ride our bicycles on the track!! If any of you are NASCAR fans, you know exactly where I'll be riding! :)

12. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Hai you all, I'm San (full name Sandra but everyone calls me San), 43, live in the Netherlands with my husband and two girls (age 8 and almost 6) in a town nearby the beach. I happy WAHM, I'd started with digital scrappping round 2008, mostly for litte things for my blog I had (have to pick this up too) I also do PL and make lay-outs because I make to many pictures :-) I love photography and being creative in every way, also love to read and be with family/friends. Scrapping for me: keeping the memories, words, story's alive for all the years to come.

13. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

It is SO awesome reading about everyone-welcome, welcome, welcome to TLP. It is an amazing place for inspiration, friendly conversation about all things scrap-related and not, and of course the best products anywhere!!

I am Becky, married for 11 years to my sweet husband, mom to twin boys who are 8 (yikes, they are growing too fast!). We live in Oklahoma and I am about to start my 3rd year teaching French and Bible (I have 4th graders all the way to 11th-depending on the class). I started scrapbooking a little after college, then took a several year break from it. My sister introduced me to digi in 2007 and I have been full speed ahead since then. Starting in 2011, I did P365 for 2 years and then since last year have done PL. I love recording our life for our family and I especially love to see my boys pull out the scrapbooks and look through them!

14. CindyRitter

CindyRitter Creativity is not something I have or do, it is pa

Hi! I am Cindy. In 2006, just when I thought I was finished raising children, I became a grandmother to an amazing little boy! Long story short, he was a preemie, my daughter had the worst case of postpartum depression I have ever heard of and I ended up stepping in to help and have been raising him ever since. In April of 2008 my grandson was diagnosed with Autism. Crushing blow at the time, but he is such an amazing little person, you wouldn't believe how amazing he is (he is 7 now), but of course I am his grandmother so... well, you get it :) I realized how much I had forgotten about the lives of my children, not the big things, but the little moments, and I wanted to find a way to preserve these memories. I had done a small amount of paper scrapping with my son when he was young and hated all the mess, when I discovered digital scrapping, I dove right in and I was addicted! see here I am writing a book, one of my challenges with scrapping. To date most of my pages have little or no journaling and I really want to work on that. When I saw this forum I knew I had to join in. I will end here, but I look forward to getting to know some of you and becoming a better storyteller.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  15. LaurieAnn

LaurieAnn for such a time as this

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad! I'm happy to say that next month will be my first official year here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I enjoyed reading about everyone, new and old so here's the nutshell version about me!

I'm the wife to my superman, Scott and mom to two amazing, all grown up children, Michelle (32) + Joshua (22). Michelle is married to Nathan and we're praying boldly for them to have a family. Joshua just earned his bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems and got engaged soon after that! That said, we are NEW empty nesters. God and family matter most. I’ve been designing for seven years and what a blessing to have a job where I can work late at night, in my pj’s. When I'm not designing I enjoy painting, sewing, making mini albums and framed tag art projects. I also enjoy gardening, camping, the beach and shopping. I love to paint old furniture white. I think pink peonies are beautiful. I love blue jeans, pretty shoes, fresh cotton sheets and chardonnay.

[FONT=&quot]Enjoy all the exciting challenges and I look forward to seeing your pages in the galleries too. :)
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  16. omuli

omuli La!La!La! I can't heaaar you!

Hello and welcome to Lilypad :) I have been here over a year and I really feel this is my digihome :beat

My name is Elina, I'm happily married for 19 years and mother to two sons aged 16 and 14. We live in northern Finland. I work full time as a nurse/head nurse. I have been scrapping since 2007, first with paper and glue and then slowly started moving into digital (I was inspired by Paperclipping Digi Show). I have been completely digital since late 2012. I like to record our everyday life memories and all the silly things my sons do :)

It's so nice to read this thread and learn to know everyone :) Love this place!

17. justjaimee

justjaimee Designer

waving hello to all the new folks! :yesss Welcome to the Pad!

18. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I'm Katie and I started scrapbooking in 2002 when my friend introduced me to scrapbooking albums. I quit after a couple of months, and then started back up when my first baby was about six months old, in 2004.

In 2005, I put together a very nice bound photo book -- Christmas gift for each of three grandmas -- but it was so much work that I thought I would be better off creating digital layouts as the photos were taken, instead of dedicating a whole month to selecting and arranging my photos into templates. I checked into digital scrapbooking and have been at it ever since!

I mention that because I don't think I would have even looked at digital scrapbooking before that -- not only was I committed 100% to paper, but I also didn't/don't use my computer for anything -- beyond ordering the photos -- when I scrapbook non-digitally. It was quite a while before I realized I was a digital scrapbooker that occasionally scraps with paper, rather than the other was around.

I live in Michigan, have been married for 18 years, and we have three children -- two boys, 10 and 5 years old, and one girl, 7 years old. We both work full-time and the kids keep us busy with their activities (they are limited to three activities each but it still ties up a lot of our "free" time.)

I haven't scrapbooked more than a page or two in three years -- although I have plenty of material! I am hoping this event is the kick-start I need to get going again! The kit looks terrific and I'm excited about the challenges.

19. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

A big hello to all the new and not so newbies! Welcome to the best place in town!

How is everyone enjoying this storyteller adventure so far?

20. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Woo Hoo for new(ish) folks!! I think it's so awesome so see everyone opening up and saying hello. Getting goosebumps looking at all the locations! Welcome, all. :happydance2

I'm Liana-- very happy to live in Massachusetts with my husband and two small girls.
    You may know this already but The Lilypad is one of the most magical and special places in the entire internet. (And I say that in the least Stepford Wives way possible :giggle ) We hope you'll set up camp and stay a while.