Tell me what you are reading

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by karen perry, May 4, 2014.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i started this the other week too - hoping i can share this one with DD at some point maybe xmas

2. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I just read Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and I am almost done with Love, Stargirl, the second one. They are really good. He's a kids/YA writer if you haven't read him. When I was a kid I read Space Station 7th Grade by him and I absolutely loved it. I remembered the book, but not his name. I bought Stargirl like a million years ago, and then saw the second one at a thrift store and got it. I looked up Space Station 7th Grade on my Kindle to read it again and found out they were the same author. That's all I needed to know! :)

3. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

So Hulu is streaming the pilot right now if you still want to watch it. Unfortunately, it's only one episode but still!!

I just finished Missing You, the newest book by Harlan Coben. I've got Written in My Own Heart's Blood, the new Outlander novel on my Kindle waiting for me as well as The Rosie Project. I also just picked up Eleanor and Park from the library - been on the waiting list forever.

4. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I am rereading the vampire books of Anne Rice and love it!
    It's like meeting an old friend back and I can't stop reading!

5. tdjohnson67

tdjohnson67 Member

With the kids (ages 6,10,12) out of school I have less reading (quiet) time to read. Summer requires light reading (pretty much everything I read is light:giggle) but I just started reading a book by Janet Oke "The Calling of Emily Evans". At the same time I am reading the third mini-novel by Nora Roberts, "A Little Fate" I picked it up in my mother's guest bathroom while I was on vacation last week. I noticed that #21 of Janet Evanovich's Plum Series just came out last month, hope to catch it at the library soon.

I also try to read books my daughter (12) is interested in. Usually I will finish the series while she is still chewing on whether she is 'in to it' or not. I recently finished the "Divergent Trilogy" which I enjoyed. Next 'tween' series to check out is 'Artemis Fowl Series' for my older son (10). I ripped through the first book and found it hard to put down. I am a little OCD about reading a series strait tracked from A to Z. MUST be done in order. When I did the Narnia books I did them in the order the author published them, which I am glad to have done instead of Chronological, just made more sense when I read them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I just got Fourth of July Creek from the library and am excited to get into it. It has an interesting story line so far. :)

7. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I'm currently reading a book I've been reading for four weeks. I feel like I have to finish it before I can start a new book, but obviously, it's not holding my attention very well. Next on my list: Stay With Me by Allison Gaylin, The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo (being released next Tuesday) and Hyperbole and a Half.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm stuck half way through Winter's Tale. I'm struggling, and I'm disappointed, because I had high hopes for this one :(

9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Karen I read this a few weeks ago and thought it was really interesting! I loved the suspense and wondering wth was going on.... it was an interesting psychological mystery for sure!

If you like Colleen Hoover you might like The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

Also K.A. Tucker writes New Adult contemporary novels that are pretty good too.

As for me, I'm re-reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Its a 14 book epic fantasy series that I started reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day ... I am loving re-visiting all my favourite characters :D

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm a compulsive Rylee fan too Allison, even when I wanted to smack her :D

11. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

I'm reading Jennifer Weiner's new novel - All Fall Down. I've just started it but it's pretty good so far (nothing earthshattering but a solid read).

I recently finished Diana Gabaldon's newest in her Outlander series, Written In My Own Heart's Blood. I loved it but it's long and has lots of detail (which some haven't enjoyed). I'm just bummed to have to wait so long for the next one!.

I also finished The Vacationers by Emma Straub which I didn't love as much as others have - it was good but not great.

I've been in a bit of a weird book funk where everything is good but not great. It's kind of annoying! I want to pick up something that WOWs me! Guess I have to just keep trying!!!

12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Amy, you have the greatest reviews on Goodreads! We have pretty similar tastes, so I'm always interested in what you like and don't like!

13. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

Aww! You are so sweet, Julie! That is so nice of you to say! Thank you! :)

14. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I am finishing the series of Veronica Roht and I love it!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  15. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

I just finished The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen, the finale of her Boleyn Trilogy that is due out July 15th. I love this series and the final book was FANTASTIC! Highly recommend it!

16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

the paperback I am reading is an old Alex Kava ;A necessary Evil , I like it even though it is a bit bloody. I am making myself read it before I read the next I have lined up of hers ; Hot wire

on Kindle (where I have only free books ) I am reading Good Tidings by Terry Reid ,A sweet story about an investigator that can see ghost's and is hired by a 6 year old ghost to find his kidnapped brother.

17. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I just finished We Were Liars - a YA book that ends with a twist, but I figured out the twist about midway.
    I just started Landline by Rainbow Rowell. I've enjoyed her books in the past so I'm hopeful.
    I feel the same - everything I've read lately has been meh.

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Just heading out shortly to pick up Veronica Roth's "Insurgent" (2nd in series).

19. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

After spending about 3 days last week re-reading Divergent and Insurgent, I am about halfway through Allegiant and so far disappointed.

I also have on my bedside table from the library: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan, and a John Grisham novel that I can't remember the name of (so, clearly, I am into it!).

20. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

I'm just finishing up All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner. It does a good job of describing addiction (and as someone who has experienced withdrawal from pain killers, it was almost painfully accurate) from a middle class mother's point of view.

Oh, and I'm loving Oyster....I've read twice as many books in a month as I normally do.