fitbit?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Nettie B, Oct 1, 2013.

1. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I am literally on my 10th UP Band by Jawbone. NO MORE!! Please avoid it. As for it being comfortable and stylish... Ummm... NO. I'm looking into the FitBit now. My newest UP Band - won't turn off when I use the "smart wake" feature. Rather annoying for the thing to be vibrating on my arm. So, I just don't use it anymore. :(

I'm trying to get back into my fitness routine, but my body seems to have other ideas. I so wish my doctor and I could figure out what is going on!

2. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

hey fitbit ladies! i have mine. just trying to set it up. can anyone tell me how to add friends? the app only wants to take from my phone contacts and none of them HAVE fitbit. :P is there a way to do a search?

3. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

If you go to the fitbit dashboard online you can send an email to friends.

4. penguinluvr

penguinluvr Member

I bought a Fitbit Force 2 weeks ago. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I wear it on my dominant hand and love how great it is to wear. I love the clock, the easy to set "sleep" function and the display.

I debated it for weeks - decided I wanted an UP24 but was worried about the "bad" comments and that I had to order it online only because no one in my city carried it. I finally decided that I was just going to buy a flex and when I went to the store to buy it they had the Force and it seemed silly to downgrade to the flex for $ 25.

I find it very accurate - love that it also counts Stairs. I am shocked how many steps I really walk at work. I also joined Endomondo which helps track things like Cross Fit, Volleyball, walking on Treadmill etc. It links with my fitbit account and earndit account so everything is tracked perfectly.

5. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

Oooh I just got a fitbit flex, and I love it ^_^

6. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about the fitbit flex. I really want a wearable fitness tracker, but I'm not sure whether I can somehow find the force somewhere, or if I should just try the flex.

7. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

So I bought the flex - Brought it home, plugged it into charge!

Who wants to be friends? :)

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. penguinluvr

penguinluvr Member

Congrats Juliette. I had to return my Force for the Flex and really like it. Not as much as the force but ...

Love that I can change bands though - keeps me going.

9. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Ok... I finally took the plunge and ordered a green Flex! It'll arrive in June, and I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm especially excited about the sleep tracker. I really need a motivation to improve my sleep habit and revise my body clock.

10. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

I bought a Fitbit One at the beginning of the month and love it! I use it with My Fitness Pal and lost 6 lbs in the first two weeks because I was inspired to eat healthier and move more.

I have been known to do laps around the living room to hit a certain number of steps before I go to bed at night!

11. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

That's awesome, Christine! Anything that motivates you to move will definitely help. I want one, but I'm waiting to see what Apple is coming out with this fall. I suspect it's going to be more than what I'm looking for. If so, I'll just buy the Flex then.

I had the original FitBit, ordered it a year before they even came out. Was so excited. Never used it. It is a little clip on thing you put in your pocket or whatever, and I was always afraid I'd lose it or wash it. Stupid, I know. It is literally still sitting in my drawer unused (maybe used it twice).

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...