Pad Patter: 4/22 Favorite toy as a kid?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 22, 2014.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I had a monkey, the thumb went in his mouth, and he was filled with Styrofoam beans. I called him B-52.
    [​IMG]
    but little bro had a gollywog
    [​IMG]
    oh the fun we had with that.
    searching for a photo was fun! See if you can find something close to your favorite toy! :giggle

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

aw great memories Anne :) I had a thumbleina doll...

3. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Awww! I don't know if I had any one favorite as a kid. There are lots of pictures of me with piles of toys - I guess I was spoiled rotten! I really loved my Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch dolls. And I had a Holly Hobby doll that I slept with.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I loved our Barbie townhouse:

[​IMG]

5. jenny

jenny jenny

One that really stands out from when I was pretty small was a tree house toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I was big on legos and I liked just about any electronic game that involved buttons. I also always wanted my own etch a sketch so I LOVED playing w/ those at church and the doctor offices, etc. But yes, I got an original gameboy for Christmas in the early 90's and it was one of the best toys I ever had. I was also a book worm. :)

7. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

oh where do I start??!! I loved smurfs (still do and have over 400 of them!), I loved my Crissy doll (still do!), legos and barbies. Dad built me a barbie house and Mum made all the furniture for it, my DD now has the furniture in her dolls house. I loved my Atari too and guess what I still do!

8. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I loved My Little Pony stuff and Strawberry Shortcake. I was never hugely into Barbie's, but I did get a huge Barbie Limo for my 16th birthday as a joke from a very dear friend.

Oh... and I loved my Light Bright, or whatever it was called. You know, you plugged the little pegs into it and then turned it on and it lit up?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

ooh i love that golly wog we had those too but were not allowed to call them that now here in the uk there now gollys,will always be gollywog to me tho

i loved dolls,i remember my mom spending her birthday money on a baby doll for me awww

10. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Gosh - I can't even remember, lol... I remember my mom threatening to throw away my Fraggle Rock doll when I was about 4 if I didn't clean my room.. I must have cleaned right up, because I still have it, lol.. (also, just noticed these are selling for up to $170 - wowza!) My Little Ponies were a fave and I had a Samantha American Girl doll and a Lite Brite.. Oh - and one of those cabbage patch dolls you could adopt.. Mostly I just played dress-up, though.. :)

11. mrsaboyer

mrsaboyer New Member

One thing I remember from my VERY early childhood was my Raggedy Andy doll. I got it, because my nickname, even as an infant, was Andy. It was like 3 feet long. Bigger than I was at the time. [​IMG]

I also had a Fisher Price pull-phone kinda like this one: [​IMG] I used to stand outside the bathroom when one of my parents was in it and talk to them on my phone.

12. mrsaboyer

mrsaboyer New Member

OMG I totally had that! Ah, memories.

13. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

my favourite toy was .......................... books :D