Pad Patter: 4/8 Long and short of it?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 8, 2014.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

hair!
    my hair it is in that inbetween stage....
    it isn't flowing long locks, but it can go in a brain, or pony okay.
    I have had it short for 10 years due to children, life and everything.
    I am wavering on drastic!
    like short with a pink strip! bhahhaha

Your hair, do you want it long, is it short? Are you high maintenance, every 6 weeks, trim?

2. mrsaboyer

mrsaboyer New Member

I like the idea of a pink strip! Be bold! I'm in the process of growing my bangs out right now, and it's pretty maddening. They are way too long to be bangs, but too short to tuck behind my ears, so they're always in my face. AHHHHGHGHGHGHG!

I keep it chin length. I had it long for a long time because my husband liked it, but my hair is thick and difficult to dry. It's fine and wavy and never stays smooth when long. I'm a short hair kinda girl. Honestly, I'd probably have a spiky pixie if it wouldn't cause my poor husband to explode.

3. marnel

marnel Pollywog

jaja pink stripe! Do it, do it!!! ;)

I've had my hair short and long. I prefer it long but I've been thinking lately of chopping it off b/c summer is around the corner.
    Not at all high maintenance. The great thing is now I have my dd that can do it for me, dye, cut and all that jazz but I rarely ask her too b/c she tries to get clients on her days off for a trim, blow dry or curling....

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ya....get the pink stripe! I've had short hair for yrs and it's only been the past couple of yrs that I started growing it out a bit more. Now it's the longest it's been in 20 yrs (past my shoulders with long layers) and it's so easy to throw up into a ponytail. I do need a trim soon, about every 7-8 wks I get an inch or two taken off. It's been growing really fast.

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

the pink stripe sounds so fun and bold anne. matching your personality ... go for it!
    i'm wearing short hair now. i'm very low maintance bc i suck at doing hair.

6. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Long and stick straight with lots of layers.. I've never gone shorter than chin-length, but really do prefer it long.. I love the look of it when I take the time to curl/wave it with the layers, but I'd rather sleep than do my hair.. ;) More often than not, though, it's in a braid, pony or messy bun because I hate washing it and after the first day it doesn't look good down (I'm gross, I know)..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  7. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

My hair is pretty long at the moment... almost mid-back. It's naturally curly and I am in desperate need for a trim! It hasn't been this long in probably 10-15 years and my husband is begging me not to cut it. :) I typically cut it shorter in the summer because it's so hot, but I'm going to stick it out this year, as I'm happy with the length at the moment. Or I will be once I get some fresh layers cut into it on Friday.

8. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

go for SHORT all the way!! :) I am a little suspicious to say anything cause my hair was very long and I had it cut really short and last week I had it cut even shorter :giggle

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Go for it, Anne you can totally pull off a colored stripe! I've done long and short myself and short has been winning for about 10 years now. Most of the time, the shorter the better. I don't consider myself high maintenance as I pretty much refuse to spend more than about 5 minutes on it each day. I do have to go and have my color done each month and end up trimming it then because you kind of have to trim it to keep short hair from looking frumpy/I don't care.

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I had a pink strip a few years ago and loved it! Go for it!

11. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Pink :) i like that idea...i say go for it! :)
    I have had my hair from short to long. Right now my hair is just above my waist line. Thinking of cutting it just a lil shorter, but im not sure yet. When i have short hair its doesnt stay down...it gets all poofy, so i rather stay longer than shoulder length.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love the idea of the pink strip!!
    My hair is long and I keep it highlighted and have a red strip! My hair dresser calls it my wild streak :) I love it. I am way behind right now on getting it touched up, but I usually go every 6 weeks. But as far as doing it, I take 5-10 min max. My hair is thin and fine and straight, and I hate doing it so I run a straightener through it or pull it up in a pony tail and I'm done.

13. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I like my hair when it's in a longer bob that is shorter in the back, but hubby asked if I'd grow my hair out so I'm in the process.

14. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I agree about the pink strip... sounds GREAT!
    I had it long since my eldest daughter (now almost 12) was born... it was pretty short then, and I HATED myself on the photos from that time! I'm also EXTREMELY low maintenance...
    As soon as I get gray hairs, I'm going to dye it, bright red if I'm gonna have my way... but so far? Not a single gray hair...

15. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Definitely do a pink stripe. I've done that, it's super fun!

I'm a long hair person exclusively. I had a few inches taken off last Friday and although it's still bra length, it feels super short to me and I'm panicking.

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I was just thinking of going shorter - maybe chin length again. My hair is longish. Below the shoulders. I'm so lazy about getting it cut. I might go once or twice a year.

17. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

Love the pink :)
    I have super long hair and love them! I cut them myself every 6 month.

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have to go short these days as long doesn't suit me any more .. but I would totally love a purple streak .... it would be hard to see in the curls but I think it would be so much fun ... or maybe a bright blueberry blue?