My mouth hurts!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Brandi, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

:giggle Made ya look, heh?

So I just got braces last week. And, my mouth is NOT liking it!!! It feels like someone took some sand paper and rubbed the insides of my mouth b/c the insides of my cheeks are so sore and irritated. I just wish it would begin to feel normal again. :groan

Ok, just had to say that. :whoopdedoo

Carry on.

2. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Aww :( I know the pain. I cried when I got mine and felt like a new girl once I got them off. Hopefully, the soreness and irritation will ease up for you soon.

3. la

la A closet sap

Did they give you some of that wax stuff ? That helped me tremendously when I had braces

4. Brandi

Yes they gave me the wax but I ran out so had to make a run to Target I pick up some more. It definitely helps but I'm trying to toughen up my mouth so to speak lol! Just don't know how it's ever going to get used to them by wearing the wax because as soon as I forget to put some on, it starts hurting again. It's like I have these little blisters from the braces rubbing on them.

5. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

ouch! This thread makes me super glad I never had to get them.

6. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

my 12 year old gets them on tuesday and i'm super worried. ugh. he plays the sax in jazz band and i'm not sure what he's going to be able to eat.

7. la

la A closet sap

Celeste I survived through band with braces. :] he will figure it out. Just takes a little time to adjust. I think it was weirder getting them OFF and having to relearn how to keep my mouth lol

8. renee82

renee82 renee82

GAH! I hate dental work and I can't even imagine how badly you're hurting! I'm hoping you start to "thoughen up" soon!

9. Brandi

Thanks girls... it's been tough. I went in today to have them fix a wire that started peaking out of the bracket since my teeth are already shifting. I can totally feel they're shifting too, and it's a very weird / unnatural feeling. It is getting easier, as they say it takes about a week to get used to.

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh Brandi, I hope it gets better soon.

11. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Oh I remember that feeling even though it was ages ago! Keep lots of wax handy and take some tylenol or advil! You really do get used to them after awhile and probably won't need the wax after a few weeks. Adjustments can be a little painful, but even those get easier.