Spring Break

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I am doing the happy dance :happydance2 because today is the last day of school for 2 weeks!! I am looking forward to Spring Break as much as the kids are! Plus, we finally have a semi-quiet weekend, so I have some scrapping planned for sure!!

What about you? When is your Spring Break? Any plans, or sticking around the house??

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

woo hoo for break!! we had a mini-break weekend before last (kids were out thursday through monday), but our break that i am excited about (the one with a beach trip involved ;)) is the week following Easter. have a GREAT break!!

3. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

We will be heading for the beach!! :) but still have one more week of school before our break.

4. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Honk as you drive by, Ashley! (We are in tifton!) (unless you are headine east - lol!)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

we had a teacher inservice day today, and it was so fun! pure laughter and pictures galore!!!
    one more week of school then our spring break! and so hoping the heat of summer comes in with it too!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Spring break? What is that? *sigh* The only spring break that our school gets is Good Friday and the Monday after Easter :( I guess it's better than nothing, but I am envious of those who get a week or more break.

7. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

My daughter's spring break has started. She is only in kindergarten but she is so excited to have a week off from school. We are going to be around the house mostly. A couple of days we are going to have lunch and go to the movies. I told her maybe we would go to the Children's Museum but I think she knows her mama does not like crowds much, so that may not work out.

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

april 12th starts Spring Break here. sure hope it warms up though first. i don't think i can take a week + of the kids being home & us stuck indoors. my son has lots of Crew practice that week ... 2x a week most days. so i will be a taxi driver for most of the break. no major plans. :(

listening to some of you talk about the beach this time of year has me insanely jealous!

9. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

ours is in a couple of weeks. we are going to hawaii!!!

10. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Ooh wish it was spring break here,I have next week off but still have to get up with kids school lunches etc etc

11. RebeccaH

i so wish there were some warm weather / beach plans in our spring break! as it is, we're just hanging around the house. i am thinking maybe a zoo day or bowling or something like that to keep things from getting too dull. 2 weeks sounds like a great thing, but can start to feel LOOOOOONG with nothing to do.

12. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Ours started today! We're going to visit family in WV at the end of the week, but my FB is full of our friends traveling to beaches today and I am SOOOOO jealous, lol!

13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Will do! :)

14. la

la A closet sap

Spring break is mid April for us ... We have a week in February as well instead of two weeks at once. We do nothing special though lol

15. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I work at a university and that spring break was two weeks ago.. Break for my son is this coming week.. It's a shame they never match up.. :( I may take a day off this week to take him to the zoo or something..

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Officially my break from university is from the 12th to the 27th April but for me I'll be off from the 10th as I only have classes on Mon & Wed.

17. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I love how you guys call it spring break, we simply call it 'school holidays'

Our 'spring break' starts Friday, well technically it's our Autumn Break

18. RebeccaH

it's official... my first day of break was full of super boring grown-up stuff! boo! first thing this morning, i applied for an auto loan (hubby is finally getting a new car), followed by going to the bank to pick up the paperwork and so forth. Then making tons of phone calls back and forth because they were going to transfer the car from an out-of-state dealership... then it turned out they had one for us in inventory after all *sigh*. Then back to the bank to get the check for the down payment. And at least 2 hours pricing out new homeowners / auto insurance because our current insurance jacked up through the roof for no apparent reason. So now, new insurance in place, check in hand, bank paperwork squared away, and did I mention bills paid, we are ready to head to the dealership tonight when hubby gets home from work. Grown up stuff is SO dull and boring!

The good news is, I did manage to find time to meet hubby for lunch and then go for an hour massage in the midst of all of that. So I'll call that the highlight of my day!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014