Pad Patter 5/5: Is your weather this year been a bit crazy?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We have had tons of rains as in we had to take school days due to flooding. We have had a ridiculous amount of snow and ice and sleet.... and we are seriously freezing here this winter.

How is your neck of the woods? :giggle

2. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

yes, here too. I find myself colder and it's snowed WAY more than usual. I need it all to be over soon! It's nice that it's getting lighter out tho ;)

3. Dalis

I just shoved about an inch of snow which is not terrible... actually is good exercise. LOL!!!

4. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

Where we live here in South Central WA state, we had one last dose of winter this last weekend and it's already all gone w/ spring in full force now. Today it's raining and cloudy but highs in the mid to upper 50's. I'll take it! :)

5. judet

judet Active Member

Yup, we've had a really mild winter but it's been raining a ridiculous amount. Luckily we're away from the major flooding but it's been the wettest winter on record with something like twice the average rainfall.

6. Dalis

Well, our spring is SUPER wet, so I am guessing that might not change with the amount of precipitation we are getting.

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Yes, we broke the record for most snow in a 'snow year' (which is evidently July 1st - June 30th -- WT?!) with 58 inches. My parents, who live a couple hours due east of you, Dalis, have had more than 100 inches of snow.

GO HOME, MOTHER NATURE! YOU'RE DRUNK!

8. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

It looks like we're finally starting to thaw a bit here in Jersey. I think it snowed almost every week most of January and February and there are just piles of this ugly snow everywhere. But it's still pretty cold. I'm sick of it! I can't wait to feel warm again when I'm outside.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hot! I am delighted that the first rain filled cold fronts have started rolling through and the temperatures are cooling off. I am not ready for winter though = don't get me wrong you guys can keep it for a little longer while I enjoy the warm autumn days.

10. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

it'll be a wet thaw for sure! we've already had water in the basement for the few rainy/melty days we've had, I'm not looking forward to the 'big thaw'!

11. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Here in Northeastern Arizona, its been really dry this winter. Not much of snow at all. More like 2 so called snow storm and only a inch or two. Got some rain the other night, but not much. Right now its like 62 degrees, not that cold at all.
    Im wishing for more snow!! Hopefully we will get some more.

12. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

We haven't had a ton of snow, but have had lots of ice and cold temps which has resulted in snow days--which I am not going to complain about. I am ready for spring though!

13. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

We are having a cold snap here (mid 50's) and it's rainy today. Boo. However, I refuse to ever complain about Winter weather... now, in August we can talk!

14. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

We've had one of the hottest summers on record (again) so many days over 40C (over 100F)- at Mum and Dad's it got to 45C (115F quite regularly and that was measured in the shade. - I was glad we didn't have a garden in over the summer..

But to be honest, I would rather have our hot days than be snowed in. Not looking forward to winter now we are on it's eve again.

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am so over this winter! It's been awful! Lots of snow and brutal cold...frozen pipes, days on end that we couldn't get out. I'm just done.

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We've had a too mild winter. It's been lovely, but the lack of water will be very very bad this summer.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We have had snow,cold, more snow, more cold, another pile of snow, REALLY cold, etc. I don't know how long it's going to take all this snow to melt! I just wanna see the sunshine again! :) My spring flowers that usually start blooming now, are seriously under 4 feet of snow and ice. I hope they don't die altogether!

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

crazy harsh winter here in NY. def'tly over it and waiting... not so patiently for ANY sign of spring.

19. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Being in western new york, we are used to "crazy" weather but lately I feel like I live in the arctic. I am sooooo ready for spring!

20. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

It's been a roller coaster here lately. Just this past Saturday it was in the low 80's. Sunday we had loads of freezing rain, resulting in Monday being an ice day for the schools and DH from work as well. Extremely unusual for March here. Today it was sunny and in the upper 60's. Tomorrow it's supposed to be cooler and rainy again, but thankfully not down to freezing!