Pad Patter: 2/21 - What was your favorite toy as a child?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I loved my Barbies and their townhouse!!!! My favorite Barbie ever was the Spanish Barbie.

[​IMG]

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

That is a BEAUTIFUL Barbie doll!

I had three dolls I loved - one was soft bodied, one was plastic bodied like an ag doll (Sasha) and the third was a handmade doll with a painted face, made by my Grandma to look like me. (Red hair and green eyes) we moved a lot when I was a child (almost every year) but my dolls always made the cut :)

3. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I had a Barbie too when I was a kid and it was my favorite! It's just a cheap model and not a limited edition, and I called her Wendy. I played with her so much that her head became loose and she became headless after a few years LOL.

4. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I had a cloth bear with a plastic face that was just a tiny bit creepy but it was given to me by my Grandmother the day we left the UK on the boat to come to Australia. My brother and I got one each and they were called Flotsam and Jetsam. Sadly my brothers bear fell overboard during a massive storm around the end of Cape Horn ... well named after all! I had that bear for years, I loved it even though it was pretty creepy looking :).

5. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Oh this is a tough one! I had lots of faves at different ages - my Little Peoples, my Strawberry Shortcake dolls, my Cabbage Patch Dolls and then Barbies. My favorite Barbie was Jewel Secret Whitney.

Now my faves are my Funko Pop figures, Monster High and Legos. I just spent four days last week at Toy Fair New York. Who says toys are for kids??? :)

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I would have to say it was my Barbies and their cars and airplane! And dating myself with this one, but my Mrs. Beasley doll (from the late 60's/early 70's show Family Affair).

7. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

8. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

My collection of Star Wars: Men and the vehicles :) then it would be my collection of Hot Wheels.

9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I had those too! In fact, I STILL have them. They're in our game closet! LOL

I had loads of dolls. I think my favorite was Velvet, a larger fashion doll. She had hair that you could make shorter (by turning a knob on her back to wind it into her head) or longer (by pushing her belly button and pulling the hair back out :giggle). (I still have her too - she's in DD's closet! LOL)

10. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

legos. def legos. :) as I got older, my original nintendo gameboy. :)

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love the variety of toys. I didn't have legos, they were not "for girls" in my parents minds. {insert roll of eyes}

12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I loved playing the game of Jacks. I would play for hours and could beat most of my friends. I'm going to do a page about that! Thx Dalis for the awesome page idea!

14. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I had a doll I loved- Kulli, I scrapped her here:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, my first love interests were all papery... I started writing a diary when I was eight, and had found my passion ;).

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I wasn't much for dolls or barbies as a kid. We spent most of our time outside playing in the dirt and in our barn or catching frogs, etc. BUT, I think my favorite toy was this cool toy call a Weeble Wobble Kingdom. It was the coolest thing ever. I wish I still had it for my kids to play with.

Also, when I was inside I preferred my craft supplies and I also had fashion plates that I loved too! :)

16. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I wasn't really into barbies. There were no gingers at the time. LOL! I don't recall having a treasured toy from my childhood, but there is one particular toy that stands out in my memory and it certainly was a favorite.
    The weeble wobble treehouse. It was so cute and the little matching dome dog house... so adorable. I carried that thing everywhere.

17. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I loved Barbies...but even more so, I LOVED (ok...still LOVE) LEGOS!!!! =) I wish they'd had the Lego friends and princess ones when I was a kid...but eh...just as fun now. ;)

18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I was a book geek. I preferred books to most any toy!

19. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Geez, I dunno if I just wasn't that into toys, or didn't have any. I was more of an outside kid. Bike riding, digging, climbing trees, etc.

20. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

have we got all day for me to list them?? OK I'll just mention some of my favs . . . I loved my roller skates, my barbies (most favourite was birthday barbie who had a permed fringe, noice! And I loved my suntan ones too, put them in the sun and bake them until they were golden brown), legos, smurfs, Crissy doll . . . OK I'll stop now