Dear Polly: February '14

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by Dear Polly, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Dear Polly

Dear Polly The Dear Abby of Digiland

Hi, Sweet 'Ems! I'm BACK. I hope you enjoyed my little blog post for January...

https://the-lilypad.com/dear-polly/

and I hope some of your questions were answered. I did enlist the help of my Precious Polly friends to help little 'ole me and they are so smart, I'm sure I will again.

So, my Lilypad Peeps... Time for more questions for Polly! Ask away and I'll be answering them soon.

OH, and *cough* I got carried away planning a big fat Valentine celebration for my sweetheart, Bart :heartlub and am a teensy bit late getting this posted. So hurry, hurry people. It takes me a little time to come up with the earth-shattering answers you will all expect from me :flirty

I can't wait to see what you all want to know!

2. Dear Polly

Dear Polly The Dear Abby of Digiland

1st question was from one of the Pad's fearless leaders. The super fabulous Amy Martin. I found it in another thread and decided to copy it here to get us started...

Dear Polly,

Here's a question for you.. "I was wondering if you need to have Photo Shop to use your Photo Collages? I don't have any kind of digital scrapbook programs. How would I go about using them?"

Thanks, Sugar, for asking *wink*. I'll see what I can do.

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Holy Smokes, Polly is Southern :giggle

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

hehe

5. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I can hear the accent now! :giggle

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Dear Polly,
    When I unzip files on my PC, there is often a __MACOSX folder (which I delete) and I don't know what it's for, I just assumed the designer uses a MAC? But what is the .DS store folder?

7. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Nothing wrong with a cute frog that has a little Southern twang in her speech :giggle Bless your heart Polly!! :giggle :luvya

8. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Good question! I have always wondered that too!

9. threeunderfour

threeunderfour Trying to keep up...

Dear Polly,
    I want to learn more about the dodge and burn functions in Photoshop. I know they help somehow give dimension to flat objects by making stuff darker or lighter, but I can't ever remember which one is which. I also would like to learn some dodge and burn techniques. I watched a vid on Peppermint's blog (frickonastick.com) about using dodge and burn with washi tape, but I just want to learn more. I'm on PSE10.
    Love, an eager learner

PS...I love that you have a southern accent

10. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Hi Polly! I'm a big fan! I have a question for you. But It's not about digi. I hope it's not too personal. How did you and Bart meet? You are such a cute couple! Also, what are your beauty secrets? You are so lovely!!

11. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Dear Polly . . . I collect beautiful alphabets, but rarely use them. I find it too time consuming to open, select, copy, close and paste each individual letter. I'm pretty sure there is a way to select all letters at once to create my title word . . . can you help?

12. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs