MOC challenge you are dreading?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by threeunderfour, Jan 27, 2014.

1. threeunderfour

threeunderfour Trying to keep up...

Our MOC is finishing up this week! Last night I made a little list of the challenges I need to complete still...and one has got me frustrated....:hissy:tantrum:dizzy

It's the do-over challenge. I categorically do no do Do Overs! Not even if there's a misspelling. Not even if my feelings change from what I journaled about. Not even if my style or preferences for product changes. I'm ok with all the different styles and fads being in the same album together (since I don't really scrap in order).

I'm stumped. But you don't have to solve my issues. :thumbsups

What challenges are still hanging over your head? Why haven't you done them?:carryon

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I'm all caught up, but does it count if I'm already dreading the QP challenge for next year? I still absolutely loathe the things.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Sarah, Could you scrap the pics but not necessarily do the "page all over again"? I am not sure, I haven't done that one, because I am so behind with tons of them.

4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Currently it's the photoless one. Which is weird, cuz I already did two photoless pages - one for the Art Journaling challenge and one for the Scrap Therapy challenge, so it's not like I can't do them. I keep opening up a page and fiddling around for a while, then getting frustrated and deleting everything. Grrr.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

you can always redo one you did already in the Month of Challenge?...lol,

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Mine was the shadow one. I finally gave in and just did it. Now I'm dreading todays (Inspiration#3: Color). :) I'm not a dark orange person, and the home decor photo does not inspire me. Oh well, that's why it's a challenge right?

As a rule, I don't "do over" any pages either. I like seeing how I've progressed, and how my style or skills have changed, or how I learned about shadowing. It's also fun to be able to look at a layout and go "That's so 1990's" or whatever. But rules are meant to be broken, right? And some spending money at the Lilypad is worth breaking a rule now and then :D

7. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I hate color challenges, because I never have the perfect kit for them and am a strict kit scrapper unless I do Art Journaling... I hate digging through my whole stash, constantly checking if the colors match... meh. Here at the Pad it's a little easier, though, because I'm a total BYOC- addict and these always follow a certain color scheme anyway, so it's more likely that one of the past BYOC palettes match.
    The technique challenges are demanding, because the tutorials are usually for English Photoshop, and I have German Gimp... I have to concentrate a lot to translate the directions and modify them where needed, and that can be frustrating. But I'm always proud when I managed, so these are challenges in the best sense.

8. nymalexis

nymalexis New Member

I'm caught up but I really hated the shadowing challenge. It frustrated me so much that I'm not spending nearly as much time as I normally would on my shadows for the subsequent pages.

9. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

i struggled with the quick page. but it was fun to find a way to work it with my style. i love a good challenge and i got to sit and think on that one for a while. i'm also a bit stuck on the photoless challenge. only because it's too broad? i scrap photoless all time. but i can't think of anything to journal about. think think think.

10. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I don't like to re-scrap pages either. I created a new page that was inspired by an old page using a new, but similar photo and the same journaling and title!

11. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I don't know if I'd say I've dreaded any of the challenges. Some of them took longer than others mostly because I get crazy ideas and they take awhile to finish - like putting 80 plus photos on my year in review page! I've been my own worst enemy!

12. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

There will always be challenges we dread because not everything is what we are used to but isn't that why they are called challenges? So we step outside of our comfort zones and learn new stuff? So yes I don't like the review layouts but then again once they were done I was happy with them too so I just needed the kick under the rear to actually do them :)

13. scrapmonkey

scrapmonkey Member

The challenges that I'm dreading are the brush tool and shadowing challenges as I am only on PSE 6. And I need to figure out how to re-load brushes on my version.... :P

14. threeunderfour

You don't know how tempted I am to do that! I will if I get desperate.

15. threeunderfour

I totally agree with you there!!!!

16. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I really had a hard time with the QP and the re-do challenges.... I spent days on each of those!

17. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Im struggling with the *the Week* one. Where you have to use 3 diff photos on a page. And the Year in Review is on a hold too. Im like stuck on those.

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i have four i have to finish as of today (including today's ... which is easy, thank goodness...so grateful for the template challenges thrown in there!) but i am stalling and dreading the Scrap Therapy and the All About Me pages. i also have to do the overlay challenge, but I think that one will be fun!

sitting here procrastinating right now as a matter of fact and hanging in the forum, instead of getting to work on one of those four pages!!!:giggle:whistle

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

the year in review was a tough one... very time consuming to go through so many photos!

20. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Yeah, I think that's was I'm keep putting it off