We're almost done!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by KarenC, Dec 21, 2013.

1. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Project Life girls, can you believe we just have a few weeks to go! Wow, the year has flown by for me. How about you? How are you doing? I'm a just a bit behind but not too bad. :)

2. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I am a few weeks behind too. December has been so busy, so finding time to scrapbook is just not happening. Looking forward to January when I can get it finished!

3. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I'm caught up and have only gotten behind once and that was when we were on vacation with family and I didn't have any down time to scrap. Can't wait to start the new year.

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I have 3 or 4 weeks that have just photos in the pockets that I need to finish up... but with traveling and holidays I don't see myself finishing them up until late January or February

5. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Keeping up here! Thinking about how I'll approach 2014!

6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I am so excited to have kept up till the end! I am working on week 46 so that means I have documented 45 full weeks. It's a lot better than what I managed last year (about 30 weeks total) and I'm thrilled that I will be able to complete the entire year!

7. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I'm caught up. My PL was fairly inconsistent, but I managed almost the whole year (I started on January 29). I hope I have found my means and method now, and can continue it like this next year :).

8. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I spent all of October and November very behind, but I'm actually all caught up and thrilled to be headed into Christmas with only weeks 51 and 52 to do.

9. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

So Proud of you gals! WOOT!

2014, here I come...

10. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I managed to get December's main pages done yesterday. I still have to print them and put into pockets. I think I'll include an insert page with some of the Christmas day highlights on it and then do my New Years Eve on the last page of the book. I'm trying a new idea for next year's.

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I can't believe that I'm still caught up and almost done! I hit a rough patch this summer/fall with being behind, but never more than a couple of weeks. I'm totally in love with the first half of the year that I have printed and can't wait to order my second half of the year book. Right now I'm pondering my 2014 plan. I liked my simple 2013 plan, but I want to mix things up for 2014 (but not so mixed up that I set myself up to fail).

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Did you do anything special that helped you get caught up?? I need a strategy or else I'll be doomed to bail on 2013 altogether. :cry

13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I am on Week 44. I kinda of wanted to cry when I read this post. I usually finish up my PL within a few days of the new year. I don't see that happening this time. I am going to carve out some time to work on it this week, which might put me into December. Hopefully!!!

Great job, ladies! I love hearing how successful many of you have been this year. It's such an encouragement. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  14. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Basically I let go of expectations and powered through. They're simple but done and memories are documented. I've heard and read multiple times in the last couple of weeks that scrapping/documenting our memories is not supposed to be stressful. We do it for fun. I really tried to take that to heart. I may look back on LO's and wish I had been more creative, my pics were better , etc., but I never look back and wish I hadn't documented those memories! And my kids certainly don't judge those pages!

15. RebeccaH

I just wrote out a list of weeks I need to get done... hoping to check them off pretty quickly.
    I have 31 weeks to do to get all the way to the end of the year!!! EEEP! That's more than 1/2 the year!! I need to seriously put my head down and plow through these!!

16. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

I am missing about 7 random weeks here and there- but other than that I am caught up! I may try to go back and scrap those weeks - or I may (gasp) - just let it go and print my book with those weeks missing! I love what Melissa said above - it's suppose to be fun and not stressful- whatever I get done, I'll be grateful that I did it! I love hearing how everyone is doing and all the success stories!

17. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I missed a bunch of weeks last year, but still love my book! I'm sure you will too if you don't get them done. :)

18. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I hope our talk today helps too... I'm all about letting go of expectations and plowing through if needed... get your photos into templates fill the rest with paper or journal cards and write your stories and don't worry about embellishing... your family isn't worried about how pretty it is, they just want to see their photos and read the stories :) You can do it!!!

19. RebeccaH

YES!! I have done THREE weeks since we chatted yesterday! You must have been the push I needed! I feel pretty good about the weeks I did, too. I like them clean and simple.

20. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

You are on a roll Rebecca.
    I am trying to work on this as well, but can't get past editing and adding the pics.