Any Divergent here????

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Ana.Paula, Oct 24, 2013.

1. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Yup. Definitely need therapy.

2. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

welcome welcome!!!!! Come and freak out with us :spin:high5

3. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

its sad...but beautiful right? I loved it...but cryed mt eyes out and cant re-read it in some time...

4. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

its sad...but beautiful right? I loved it...but cryed mt eyes out and cant re-read it in some time...

5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Well, I will NOT be reading them. My son just told me the ending of the whole trilogy. Talk about a Spoiler Alert. My other son was like "DUDE... You ruined it for me!" (he was halfway through the trilogy, LOL).

I won't tell. Promise. *shhhh*

6. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

I plan to read it, but haven't yet because of some of the comments and spoilers on the Amazon web site. The fans aren't rating it very well.

For those who have finished it, do you think it was as well written as the others?

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm about halfway through it, and no...I don't think it is as well written as the others. I'm also struggling with her switching each chapter between Tris and Tobias. Since the other books weren't like this, it's throwing me off, and I think she had a harder time writing from Tobias' perspective. I'm still enjoying the story though and I can't wait to finish it.

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think the first third to half of the book is a bit lack lustre compared to the first two and Tobias's narrative isn't the strong Four that you'd expect after seeing him thru Tris's eyes especially as an initiate in book 1 but i think it's in line with him more from the Transfer mini book/few chapters Roth released a few weeks back. It was still beautiful and fantastic and everything else as well though... it ties it all up for me anyway but i'm sad that it's the end of the series

9. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I agree. I am really struggling to get through Allegiant. I reread the first two books so when I got to Allegiant and she switched POV's I was really thrown. And even when I know the chapter is Tobias, I still get confused once I start reading. He doesn't seem to have a strong voice. I hope it picks up, but since I already found out the big spoiler/ending, I am not in much of a rush to finish it.

10. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I hadn't heard of these books until Allegiant came out so I read all 3 back to back. I will agree that having to adjust to a different POV in the third book was a bit distracting. While I enjoyed the series, I wouldn't say it was my favorite but it was still fun to read and I found it hard to put them down.

11. julia

julia julia

I'm with Debra and Lisa. I'm not enjoying this book as I did with the others. I could barely put the book down with the first 2. I'm about halfway through. Would love to just stay with Tris and her POV. Hopefully it picks up soon.

12. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

this is me i need to go back read the first one so i can carry on but then it grieves me to read a book again because theres so much on my to read list

13. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

yes!!! its so so beautiful and well written - for me at least :)

14. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I started Divergent...I don't love it. I hope it will get better.

15. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I just finished it last night. It's not the ending that I expected AT. ALL. It was still a good book, but I liked the first two better.

16. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

I didnt want that end too...but...

17. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I've really gotten into it now, and can't put it down =)

18. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I finally finished it! And overall, I liked it. Not as much as the first two, but it was still good and I was happy to see how the story come to a conclusion.

19. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

That is exactly how I was with the second book, Farrah. :)

20. julia

julia julia

I ended up with disliking this last book. I felt no connection to Tris/Four at all. I ended up rating it a 2 out of 5 stars.