AFTER-UPGRADE HOW TO'S MISC FUNCTIONALITY INFO

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by alb52, Oct 12, 2013.

1. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

Here you will find some tips and tricks concerning the new forum & gallery software on how to do a number of things... this will be periodically updated and bumped with new things are added.

-To login, look to the very top right of your screen where you will find the box for it.

-If signatures in the forums aren't showing (and you want them to), go to your profile > Edit Settings > Account in the grey tabs, scroll down and tick the box next to Conversation Detail Options > Visible Post Elements > Show Signatures. They will appear.

-To find your PMs, see the very top right of your screen next to the login box.

-To reply to PMs, click the PM title in your inbox underneath the sender's username. You should see a reply box towards the bottom, under the original message.

-If you do NOT want to receive notifications of replies to your threads/posts (by default they appear in your PM box/inbox as new), go to your Messages (top right near where you login) > Notifications > Notification Settings and check/uncheck whichever boxes suit your fancy.

-To add images or links to your forum posts, click the A box in the top right of your compose box and these options should pop up.

-To edit your signature, click your username in the top right corner of the page and a drop down menu will appear. Then, select profile > Edit Settings > Account in the grey tabs, scroll down and select Conversation Detail Options > Edit Post Signature. From here, a pop-up box will appear in which you can code your signature.

Things you cannot do:

-Hover to see a preview of posts only works in the forums not in the searches (ie "New Posts"). This is a vB oversight that they readily admit. It is possible in one of the near-future . upgrades, they will fix this.

2. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

it is looking so much better, thanks for all your hard work! =)

3. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I hope these tips will solve my problems :)

4. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

if not, please let me know what you're having problems with and i can hopefully help!

5. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I am still not able to like posts. =(

6. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I'm not able to like posts either. I get the exact same message as Molly's screenshot. I've cleared my cache and things are looking much better but that pesky inability to like posts lingers. :( I'm using the most recent version of Firefox on a mac.

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

my signature is a hot mess in the gallery and has a line thru it in the forum. the box pops up to edit, but it won't actually let me fix anything unless I just delete it all and start over.

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Looks like in the gallery everyone who is doing link signatures is getting a stroked black border edge around each linked portion. weird re the white line.. hope they get these fixed for ya :)

9. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

I just did a post in the pL forum under week 41 and used links from photo bucket, but i don't see my post, yet it says I am the last poster. Help?

10. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I am SO glad it's not just mine!! :giggle I was feeling so dumb!

11. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

All my posts that contain links or images are being "eaten" and not posted. They just go kaput.

12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I see all kinds of things ironed out...but was wondering if we can get links colored? like in the gallery? we post the links to the store, but they show up the same They used to be blue? I think.
    and the my gallery buttons in the forum aren't bringing to the gallery? but the Private Message button works brilliantly :D

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I ditto what Anne said with things coming together and us practicing enough to get used to our newly painted walls & furniture :) I did notice when you post a comment on someone's layout, if you go to edit it says that I may not have permission to do so, or I might not be the author of the post.. that needs to be fixed when you get a chance. - Thanks Ladies.. this is really looking great!

14. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

RE: Notification of Subscriptions/replies to thread ...
    1. I had just found out where it is being indicated in the forum - under the "Messages". I find this a tad misleading. Cos when the "Message" is bold, I tot it's pm, not notifications.

2. Under the "Notification Settings", I chose "Yes". But I receive nothing in my email, previously I did. so I changed to "Daily". It's been 1 day since that change but I still receive nothing in my email.

I noticed other kinks which come & go. So I'm just gonna sit on me hands and wait it out.:dance :blush

15. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

heather - would you please try again? lmk how it goes.

16. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

done on the links.

yes, the "my gallery" button doesn't work just yet.

17. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

working on this one.

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Sorry to be a pain, but the links colored? the gallery credit links are not showing a different color, they are still the same as the other words.

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, I noticed that links within a forum thread are the same color as other text too and could easily be overlooked. Now we're getting down to the nitty gritty details! :)

20. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·