FORUM + GALLERY UPGRADE ISSUES

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by alb52, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

Ok I took a look. If I want to subscribe to the whol forum say for example chit chat, it won't let me. If I choose a post out of that forum and subscribe it will let me. This in both of the CT's forums. ANd even if subscribed I don't get the email notifications although my settings are right

2. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

and suddenly the gallery has gone weird for me. As if it's too wide for the box it is in kwim?
    Got 2 printscreens to show you

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I found that out too Helen.. the gallery screen messages is so WIDE that you need to scroll all the way over to the right to view the comments/ responses.

4. TerriVB

TerriVB True love is overlooking the sweat and stink to re

whoo hoo--IE worked for me last night!! Thanks for all you hard work--this is such a cool place to hang out!!

5. leilay

leilay Member

I just tested this in the original forum too. The image posts eventually go through. If it has links, it doesn't seem to work. Could it have anything to do with the links pointing off site?

6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was lazy and did not read the whole thread. But has anyone mentioned that people's siggies are chopped up in the gallery. For instance Laurie Ann commented on one of my layouts surf, sun, sand and her siggie is all wonky

7. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I've noticed this, too. I assume they are working on it. :)

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

In the gallery, is there any way to have a line, or box around each comment? they kind of all flow together and it is a bit disconcerting. I had a few peeps in chat ask about this also. Thank you

9. MissK

MissK Well-Known Member

Hi Amy thanks for all the hard work. It's looking better and better!

In the previous version we were able to upload pages from the computer or use an external link. I tried to link from the computer but it says the file is too big although it's under 250 kb. Are you still working on this issue? I will be a patient grasshopper ;-) but this feature was nice for the CT pages which can't be posted right away in the gallery.

Thanks!

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I had that too the other day Cecilia.. I finally had to use photobucket and just post the code

11. Dana

Dana Dana

is it possible to send a PM to a group and then respond individually to the people as they answer? right now, it appears that any responses go to everyone in the group ... (i may be mistaken about this) ...

12. Dana

Dana Dana

also - i miss seeing the forum categories when i search new posts - i used to search new posts, and then look at the categories to make sure i didn't miss any posts that directly pertain to me (e.g., any posts in the challenge pad) .... if there's any way to get that back it would be awesome :)

13. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

Also If I want to go straight to someones gallery, the My Gallery tab under our photo's isn't linked

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yep, the 'MY GALLERY' thing was what I was just noticing as well.

15. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

yes working on this one.

16. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

yes working on this one!

17. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

i don't know. lol. never tried it - can you edit the "to" field?

18. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

would you please try now? thanks.

19. Dana

Dana Dana

no - not that i can see. it just has the empty box to type in a reply - and i assume that will go to everyone you sent the original note to. it's not a huge deal b/c i just start a new thread w/ the individual person. this is coming up b/c i am sending out a message to 5 people asking if/when they are ready for the scrapbook telephone tag game ... so haha - i'm probably the only one who will ever have this issue :)

20. suefalstaff

suefalstaff suefalstaff

Oooh, glad you posted this request, Dana ... I was just reading through the previous posts to see if anyone else had mentioned this!